March 28, 2024, 04:02:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Getting Sounds from Analog into Ableton  (Read 3536 times)

sean.dalip

Getting Sounds from Analog into Ableton
« on: November 20, 2016, 05:18:15 pm »
I'm a noob, this is my 1st controller, also new to abelton...bought the keylab 49, it came with Analog Lab and Ableton Lite, great. I can open up Analog lab and play all the sounds just fine, my Keylab works inside of Ableton and can play all the sounds in there...but I have absolutely no idea how to get all those cool sounds into Ableton so I can record. I've scoured (maybe not thoroughly enough) for help but I see nothing about getting certain instruments into Ableton. I don't know about all the tech specs, i know i've got 64-bit versions of both analog and ableton, but other than that i don't know what to do.

I'm trying to get certain instruments from Analog lab to play with in Ableton so I can record it, etc. For example:
- 303 Sequence from the Mini Instrument
- 2 Step Keys from the ARP 2600 instrument

I've tried a couple things, including going to Ableton/Options/Preferences/File Folder, using the VST Plugin folder and pointing it to C:\Program Files (x86)\ Arturuia\Ananlog Lab 2\ and a few more instruments did show up, but not the ones I wanted.

How do I do this? Is this even possible? For us non-tech peeps, why can't this be easier? I've had both the keylab and ableton for about 6 months now and still don't know how to do this. HELP!!

LBH

Re: Getting Sounds from Analog into Ableton
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 11:57:15 pm »
Your questions is about Ableton. I suggest you ask in Ableton forum.

I can tell you - as you seem to know - need to use the Analog Lab VST (Plug-in) inside your DAW Ableton.
Your DAW shall point at the correct folders to read the plug-ins.
So you shall find out where you have installed your plug-in. If you have read the windows during the install process of Analog Lab - as you should -, then you'll know where they are installed.

Keep in mind Analog Lab 2 come both as VST 2.4 and VST 3 versions and in 32 bit and 64 bit. You have to use the correct bit versions. Normally (x86) means 32 bit. Are you sure you have the correct VST's in there?

If you look at "Programfiles/ Common Files/ VST3" then you might find the 64 bit VST3 version.
If you look at "Programfiles/ Steinberg/ VST2" then you might find the 64 bit VST 2.4 version.
Depending on the locations used when you installed Analog Lab.
It's vital you set Ableton to point at the correct folder.
As said you will probably only find the 32 bit version inside ProgramFiles(x86).

(Depending on your use - make a choice to use VST 3 or VST 2.4. I suggest you start out using the VST3. Perhaps choosing the VST3 folder will make your VST2.4 not readable if you point at both.)

I suggest you read in Analog Lab manual and in Ableton manual. Using technical stuff means you have to study some things.
You can find Analog Lab manual here: https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

I think this is what i can do. Perhaps this is enough for you. Good luck.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 12:08:49 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines