March 29, 2024, 10:20:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How best to remove V collection 4 after 5 upgrade  (Read 3604 times)

Bootstep

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
How best to remove V collection 4 after 5 upgrade
« on: November 20, 2016, 09:25:19 am »
Hello,

Anyone know how to remove V collection 4(Mac)while keeping spark 2, after upgrading to VC 5?

Many thanks.

LBH

Re: How best to remove V collection 4 after 5 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 02:36:56 pm »
Hi,

I'm on Windows, but i aasume you also can uninstall the applications one by one on a MAC (just like you would uninstall any other application), and then just don't uninstall those you wan't to keep. I would beleive that would work.
Not sure i understand what you mean with "best way" to remove.

Keep in mind there are differrences between VC4 and VC5 applications. Also in sound and in availble presets. So perhaps you wan't to keep both. They don't take that much disk space.

Bootstep

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 04:27:56 pm »
Hi LPH,

Thanks for the reply. On a Mac the normal way to delete a program is to just drag it to the trash bin- and this would seem to work by dragging for instance; the analog lab icon and dropping it into the trash bin, but I notice the analog lab icon is just 8.9MB in size.. surely there's more to this whole program than just 8.9MB ? Would I be just deleting a small portion of the program or would it be all of it?

Thanks

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 04:50:14 pm »
Yes you need to move the full application from your application folder. The icon is not the application.
Have a look at this: http://www.wikihow.com/Uninstall-Programs-on-Mac-Computers

Bootstep

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 06:04:52 pm »
Thanks again LBH,

Found the following on youtube which I have tried with ARP 2600 V2 with no apparent repercussions as yet! https://youtu.be/efnXbn1nC4E

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines