March 28, 2024, 02:43:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Possible to convert Community Preset Banks to the new V5 format? if so, how?  (Read 7899 times)

craftycurate

Just that ... some great banks of sounds for older versions - can these be converted for use with the latest versions?

Cheers
Richard

LBH

You need
1. to own VC4 applications and have the presets imported in the old applications, then
2. download and use the "VC5 Preset Updater" from Arturias download page here: https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals

More informations in this thread about the preset updater/ converter:
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87964.0

This should make it possible. Be aware that the converted presets might not sound the same.

craftycurate

I only have V4 Classics, not the full set - so is there no way to get hold of patches for the other synths then e.g. CS80V?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:03:13 pm by craftycurate »

LBH

I only have V4 Classics, not the full set - so is there no way to get hold of patches for the other synths then e.g. CS80V?

You can only convert presets for the applications you have in VC4 classic, or if you buy other applications from V4.
The presets have to be imported in a application to be updated/ converted i believe.

Is'nt CS-80 in VC-4 Classic?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 05:00:28 pm by LBH »

craftycurate

You can only convert presets for the applications you have in VC4 classic, or if you buy other applications from V4.
The presets have to be imported in a application to be updated/ converted i believe.

Is'nt CS-80 in VC-4 Classic? If not, then what to use the presets for?

No CS80 isn't in V4 classics. The Community Presets page gives audio presets, which is why i know what some of them sound like, and would like to import them into V5.

But looks like it's not possible, and the patch converter tool doesn't work with soundbanks, though there is no reason why it can't be converted to do that, but I'm guessing that's not happening anytime soon.

LBH

If there are some kind of copyright or other business reasons to not being able to convert some older presets, then i can understand why, but i think it's a downgrade fro us users. For example The SEM OB leads by Nori Ubukata is'nt availble in VC5. Other presets are missing too.

I can't see any reasons why Arturia don't convert the presets on the presets download site as long there is no copyright or business reasons regarding the designers. Some of the presets are allready converted for VC5. I don't understand why all the old applications presets are not converted. Or at leat those that are of high quality. I suggest Arturia do so.

About other presets in the user forums and on the web thats that's not other places, then you can only hope the designers convert them. But why should designers do so for those free presets?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 05:28:33 pm by LBH »

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Wait. You can't import old V4 presents into V5? I have lots of free patches collected from the internet that I use & need. Is there really no way to use them in the newest version?

LBH

Wait. You can't import old V4 presents into V5? I have lots of free patches collected from the internet that I use & need. Is there really no way to use them in the newest version?

No you can't import VC4 presets into a VC5 application.  You need to convert VC4 presets that 's  in a VC4 application to make them availble for VC5. You need the VC4 application to convert. If you don't have the VC4 applications then you can't convert old presets for VC5,
Please read post 2 in this thread.

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
In other words, I have to have V4 vsts installed + all the presets installed/imported - then use the Arturia Preset Updater - and then import the converted presets into V5 vsts?
Is it even possible have V4 and V5 installed at the same time?

LBH

In other words, I have to have V4 vsts installed + all the presets installed/imported - then use the Arturia Preset Updater - and then import the converted presets into V5 vsts?
You need to have VC4 applications installed. And imported the presets  and use the Arturia preset updater/ converter yes.
You don't have to import into VC5 after the conversion.

Is it even possible have V4 and V5 installed at the same time?
Yes. How else do the conversion?

If you read the post in this thread and also read the threads there are links for, then you get all the answers. You don't have to like the answers - (many don't), but they are there.

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Thanks a lot. I'll try to do that. Hope it works.
Have you tried it yourself yet?

LBH

I have not converted myself yet. But others have - and some have posted about it in the forums. I think i will convert some of my presets from time to time. But i also like to keep my applications as clean as possible.
I have both VC5 and VC5 installed. There are some differences in the sounds. Be aware that some converted presets can sound different in VC5.
Also remember that only presets you have saved in a user bank can be converted.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 02:06:24 am by LBH »

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
OK, I'll remember that. Thanks again! :)
I'd stay with V4 but I like the sleek look of the new versions and the resizable GUI. Otherwise I think I wouldn't bother.. though I must say I love those Arturia emulations. They're amazing.

Pneumokok

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
No, it doesn't work for me.
The Preset Updater scans my presets, they show up, I choose the ones I want to convert, but they don't automatically appear in the newest version of CS80. I haven't tried other VSTs, but I guess the result would be the same.

LBH

Have you read the posts by Germain in this thread i linked for?

More informations in this thread about the preset updater/ converter:
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87964.0

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines