March 28, 2024, 06:32:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: ASC doesn't accurately indicated installed items  (Read 1552 times)

digitaltoast

ASC doesn't accurately indicated installed items
« on: November 11, 2016, 09:15:59 am »
ASC is great in theory, though as part of my troubleshooting why Analog Lab 1 will not work on this new installation I deleted Analog Lab... Emptied trash and rebooted (OSX 10.9.5) and ASC does not give me the ability to download and install Analog Lab 1 ... hmm, of course I can download via the website but whats the point of the ASC?  Actually ASC as such makes it worse for users as they are less likely to have the installation media... and worse on Arturia as their servers get taxed with more downloads.

Highly recommend that everyone download through the webpage and not through ASC.  Only use ASC for activation.  This way you retain access to older versions so if an update breaks the product you may revert to an older version.

jackn2mpu

Re: ASC doesn't accurately indicated installed items
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 02:31:08 pm »
ASC is great in theory, though as part of my troubleshooting why Analog Lab 1 will not work on this new installation I deleted Analog Lab... Emptied trash and rebooted (OSX 10.9.5) and ASC does not give me the ability to download and install Analog Lab 1 ... hmm, of course I can download via the website but whats the point of the ASC?  Actually ASC as such makes it worse for users as they are less likely to have the installation media... and worse on Arturia as their servers get taxed with more downloads.

Highly recommend that everyone download through the webpage and not through ASC.  Only use ASC for activation.  This way you retain access to older versions so if an update breaks the product you may revert to an older version.
And when you do that download save it off to a separate drive that way you have it on hand and don't have to depend on getting internet wherever you are. Drive space is cheap nowadays.

I just had a weird one happen with ASC. Yesterday (Saturday December 3 2016) I ran ASC to check for any updates. ASC first downloaded an update for itself and then after that install did it's thing with checking licenses and for updates. Imagine my surprise when it said that a number of my V Collection 4 synths were not installed; not all - just some (CS80V2 and MiniV2 are just two that were mentioned). I manually checked the proper locations on my iMac and all V Collection 4 synths ARE installed and are the latest versions.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines