April 19, 2024, 08:50:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: feature request: Korg Volca sync  (Read 2323 times)

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
feature request: Korg Volca sync
« on: November 10, 2016, 09:56:39 am »
as straight forward as that.

and pleaease fix the Bug of single midi-channel for drum sequencer

essential folks

RadicalAns

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: feature request: Korg Volca sync
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 05:07:42 pm »
The clock out should handle syncing to a volca. If you want a slower clock division than what is coming out of the clock out, use a drum trigger with every other step selected.

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 11:39:26 am »
This 'workaround' is taking away the whole drumsequencer.
That's one of the whopping 3 sequencers, so takes away 33 procent of functionality (for a sync signal!) of this Advanced Inventive Sequencer, and is therefore totally unacceptable.
That, together with the fact that i can not program to trigger 2 drum-machines to the drum sequencer buttons, which would be a more acceptable, though farfetched, workaround, makes this machine dysfunctional in it's current state.

Arturia, Update! Fix!

very dissapointed beatsep pro customer

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2016, 10:23:10 am »
If you want a slower clock division than what is coming out of the clock out, use a drum trigger with every other step selected.

...or am i missing something here, and can 1 use one drumtrack for this clocksync' signal, while keeping the other ones for midi triggering drums?

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 11:01:43 am »
If you want a slower clock division than what is coming out of the clock out, use a drum trigger with every other step selected.

...or am i missing something here, and can 1 use one drumtrack for this clocksync' signal, while keeping the other ones for midi triggering drums?

I run drum triggers to clock other step sequencers by setting the associated pad to a note number not being used by my percussion then plugging-in any rhythm I fancy my slaved sequencer to step to.  This way I have way more control than using regular analogue clocking or MIDI, but I sacrifice a drum track per trigger using it this way.
The Volcas use 2PPQ to advance their sequencers IIRC, so the most simple pattern to clock them correctly would be one trigger every two steps.  Try that then start running not so straight patterns.....

I have a Volca I sync via midi because I decided to throw money at the problem of too many MIDI devices that have no THRU and bought a MIDI patchbay (though the Volca is the perfect solution to clocking a Pocket Operater ;) )
The 'active step' function on the Volcas lets the user be far more creative than playing mamba rhythms into them with an analogue trigger!
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

teknoid

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2016, 10:57:26 pm »
interesting info megamark4d

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines