March 28, 2024, 05:32:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Polyphonic Aftertouch still not working  (Read 4079 times)

martinl

Polyphonic Aftertouch still not working
« on: October 06, 2016, 10:02:39 pm »
Hi there,

just wanted to point out that despite the release notes for the last update, which claimed that polyphonic aftertouch is now handled correctly, it is still not working. Only channel aftertouch is ok, but polyphonic aftertouch does not do anything.

I was full of expectation when reading the release notes, only to be disappointed once more.

Please, you can do better...

Martin

jackn2mpu

Re: Polyphonic Aftertouch still not working
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 02:37:03 pm »
Hi there,

just wanted to point out that despite the release notes for the last update, which claimed that polyphonic aftertouch is now handled correctly, it is still not working. Only channel aftertouch is ok, but polyphonic aftertouch does not do anything.

I was full of expectation when reading the release notes, only to be disappointed once more.

Martin
Does your keyboard controller even transmit polyphonic aftertouch? Not all do.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

martinl

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 10:56:44 pm »
Hi there,

Martin
Does your keyboard controller even transmit polyphonic aftertouch? Not all do.

Of course, it does (GEM S2). And it works very nicely with many other Arturia synth's, first of all the CS-80V. It's a real pleasure to play the CS-80V with poly aftertouch, that's why I am disappointed that the Matrix 12V, despite the release notes, does not yet play along.

Cheers,
Martin

martinl

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:46:08 pm »
Come on, Arturia.

Get your act together. This is now the second update (2.0.4.1120) which claims in the release notes that polyphonic aftertouch is now correctly handled. But.... it isn't. Still the same.

For your info: I use a GEM S2 with poly AT and route the same MIDI data to two tracks in reaper: one with the CS80V and one with the Matrix 12 V. The CS80V works fine (regarding the poly AT, not talking about the other issues here), but the Matrix still ignores poly AT (channel pressure works fine). This holds for both 32 and 64 bit versions.

Please, DO TEST your plugins before releasing. DO NOT claim that things are working, when they don't.

If you have no access to a keyboard with poly AT to actually test it, I would be happy to send you a MIDI file with poly AT data.

This is really getting frustrating...

martinl

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 12:47:46 pm »
This is getting more and more annoying. Once more, the release notes claim that polyphonic aftertouch is now fixed, but it is not.  ???  >:(

Are you guys actually testing your software before releasing?

Or, at least, you should specify what exactly you mean by "behaving correctly". Currently, when I use poly AT (FYI: from my GEM S2), it does react in the same way as if I sended channel aftertouch, i.e. all playing notes react in the same way.

What I was hoping for, is the behavior as in your CS80V, where you can affect a single note by pressing this key more.

In case you have no poly-AT capable keyboard at hand to test, please let me know, I can send you a MIDI file with poly-AT data.

Thanks,
Martin

jackn2mpu

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2017, 01:23:00 pm »
I have to ask - does/did the real Matrix have polyphonic AT?
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

martinl

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2017, 11:43:21 pm »
I have to ask - does/did the real Matrix have polyphonic AT?

No, it did not. But neither was the Mini Moog polyphonic. Arturia went in many cases beyond the actual hardware specification (or limitation) and added useful features. The Matrix12 has such fantastic routing matrix and is very expressive. Polyphonic AT would be a great addition.

The thing which is so annoying is that in every release Arturia claims that it is fixed and working now, but is is not.

If they just said that they don't have the intention to add that feature, it would be disappointing, but at least they would not raise the expectation.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines