April 26, 2024, 07:11:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Import Presets from Arturia Site?  (Read 3296 times)

NexxuSix

Import Presets from Arturia Site?
« on: November 06, 2016, 01:12:46 am »
Hi All,
I'm a new proud owner of the Moog Modular V VST, and really impressed with the synth. I've been a long term fan of Keith Emerson and Isao Tomita.

I would like to use some of the presets from: https://www.arturia.com/community/presets. When I click on import preset, the MMV asks for .modux presets. The Arturia site seems to have the presets in .org and .amb.

I am using the standalone version of the MMV. How do I use these presets?

Thanks in advance for the help =]

reddog

Re: Import Presets from Arturia Site?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 01:47:22 am »
You'll need to download Arturia's VC5 Preset Updater.

Arturia's preset formats changed with V Collection 5—the pre-V5 presets no longer compatible with V5.

However VC5 Preset Updater will change them into the new formats. Not always 100% accurately, but most presets will sound just the same as the originals.

LBH

Re: Import Presets from Arturia Site?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 02:19:03 am »
Hi,

Some of the presets are allready to find in Modular V3/ VC-5.

According to Germains info in this thread http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87964.0 you need an older Modular V/ VC-4 application to use the preset converter reddog mention.
Has that changed?

Arturia please put info on the preset site about this.
And perhaps convert the presets on the site to use with VC-5, unless you only will have those you allready have converted for VC-5.

Please also change the number of presets for the applications. There are not the advertised number of presets in VC-5.

The info about older presets is also important for those who wan't to buy third party presets, thats not for VC-5 applications.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines