March 28, 2024, 11:31:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Instrument filter touch mode  (Read 1817 times)

DamienMFO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Instrument filter touch mode
« on: November 04, 2016, 10:39:04 pm »
Before I get into it, I'm running windows 10 64bit, ableton live, and have a SparkLE controller. All of my drivers and arturia software are fully up to date and functioning. I usually run spark as a plugin inside ableton live.

Anyways, I noticed the other day that the latch function for instrument filter is permanently stuck on. It doesn't matter if I change it to touch via the controller or the software, or if I try to do it with just the software with no controller plugged in, or even if I run Spark software in standalone mode, the fx pad's latch mode is permanently on. Just to clarify, the software window will say "touch" but the sound and effects will be representative of "latch"

Honestly, this is just the most recent in a series of bugs I've encountered dealing with arturia controllers and software (I really miss the minilab being able to scroll programs with the shift+octave buttons) and I'm starting to wonder if I'll be purchasing anything else from you guys. It's annoying to sit down with a product expecting to have fun with it, and then encounter bugs which stall the whole songwriting process.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Instrument filter touch mode
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 02:52:54 pm »
Hi Just saw your post about issues with latch. As to the manual only global instruments  can be latched . Instruments do not reset when let go but stay at the position in instrument fxs.

Regards

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

vadesriux

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 12:12:40 pm »
Hi Terrym,

I am currently saving to buy a Arturia SparkLE + Spark 2 to work inside Logic PRO X.

I've read on the Spark Forum many complaints about Spark2 bugs and long waited update by Arturia not being done yet.

Can you tell me if it is safe to buy SparkLE and this hardware not being replaced by a new version in the near future ?

Thank you.

DamienMFO

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 11:10:19 am »
Hi Just saw your post about issues with latch. As to the manual only global instruments  can be latched . Instruments do not reset when let go but stay at the position in instrument fxs

Well then. I didn't realize that it said nothing about instrument latch in the manual. Mind you, when you right click the instrument button in the vst, you get the pop-up menu that is shown in the photo I've attached.

I dunno.

Can you tell me if it is safe to buy SparkLE and this hardware not being replaced by a new version in the near future ?

I'm assuming that they're going to replace it with something new soon. They just rolled out the drumbrute, I could see some sort of spark pairing or a new controller going along with that. There hasn't been a serious update for spark in a while (I'm pretty sure the update last spring was more for analog lab 2 compatibility).

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines