March 29, 2024, 08:03:51 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Parameter to allow non note retrigger of LFO?  (Read 3070 times)

Old_School

Parameter to allow non note retrigger of LFO?
« on: October 27, 2016, 10:31:41 pm »
There are a few PAD patches with the Jup-8 where there is a long LFO modulation that I'd like to run through without being affected by the note retrigger. I've seen a similar on/off feature on other synths, I'm wondering if there is such with this synth.

LBH

Re: Parameter to allow non note retrigger of LFO?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 11:33:47 pm »
There are a few PAD patches with the Jup-8 where there is a long LFO modulation that I'd like to run through without being affected by the note retrigger. I've seen a similar on/off feature on other synths, I'm wondering if there is such with this synth.

Are you talking about Galaxy or the "normal" LFO?
What PAD presets do you have, that retrigger the LFO?

In Galaxy you have "Freerun". When not activated it retrigger on new note if no notes are engaged, but not when at least one note is engaged. That's actually quite good i may add, as LFO retrigger like this is very wanted in Arturias synths.
LFO retrigger similar to this is quite normal to find on synths.

But i understand you wan't to retrigger the LFO while having notes engaged. On what synths have you seen that function? I'm interested to see.

When you engage Galaxys "Freerun", then there are no LFO retrigger at all.

The "normal" LFO can not retrigger, but many want it could as an option. But that would be a note on retrigger.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines