April 26, 2024, 12:59:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: OSC Sync function in CS-80 is not working like it should.  (Read 1709 times)

LBH

OSC Sync function in CS-80 is not working like it should.
« on: October 26, 2016, 09:31:21 pm »
As far as i can tell, then the OSC Sync function in CS-80 is not working like it should.

Arturia please check this function, changing the synced OSC 2 pitch in different ways. Also using the modulation matrix to make larger detunings.

Beside there seem to be a bad sound, then when the OSCs are synced and tuned equal there should be no phaseshift relationship behavior at all, even if both OSCs sound is heard. And when changing the pitch of OSC2 the overall pitch as such should not change, but just create the the phaseshift relationship complex waveform. But the main pitch do change.

This is from the manual:
"The synchronization of an oscillator with another creates more complex waveforms. If for example, you synchronize oscillator2 with oscillator1, oscillator2 will restart a new period every time the first oscillator completes a period, even if oscillator2 has not completed a complete period (this signifies that it is not tuned to the same tonality.) The more you tune oscillator2 upwards, the more you will encounter composite waveforms."
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:53:07 pm by LBH »

jeffbart

Re: OSC Sync function in CS-80 is not working like it should.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 11:21:57 am »
+1
The sync is really broken, and intermittent. Changing waveforms while playing with sync button in makes pitch jump around, and send huge audio spikes.
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

Re: OSC Sync function in CS-80 is not working like it should.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 05:31:19 pm »
I think a issue i find is about the Detune I+II parameter and about OSC 1 Sync to OSC 2.
Because OSC 2 determines the Pitch in a Sync, and the Detune I+II apparantly tune OSC 2, then the Detune I+II can not be used for a Sync sound without changing the overall pitch.

This issue could perhaps be fixed by either:
1. having OSC 1 determine the pith in a Sync or
2. by having the Detune I+II affect the pitch of OSC 1 instead of OSC 2. I would go for this option as it do not affect any preset sounds.

However then i guess as long a detune is present, then there should be a Sync effect. So perhaps more has to be done. But the sync don't work for some reason.

Also the complex waveforms one exspect setting the two OSCs at different "Feet" seems to be missing.

Anyway i find there is something wrong.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:04:21 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines