March 28, 2024, 04:45:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A couple of small bugs...  (Read 3156 times)

mgfaudio

A couple of small bugs...
« on: September 16, 2018, 03:48:03 am »
Hi there,

I really love this synth, in fact it's the first one that has actually made me want to register on a forum just so I can note a couple of things I have noticed to help the developers. I should point out that I'm on 64bit windows but using a 32bit version of my DAW (Live). And these might be things the devs are aware of but what the heck.

-> Can the effects default with more useful settings? On my version the knobs all reset to 12 o'clock which on many effects sounds very strange. I use the Template Single for most of my patches, so perhaps the problem is simply in the patch itself.

-> Can the rate knob for the LFO on the Analog Delay effect go even lower? It stops at 0.5hz but I think slower modulations would be cool too.

-> The 'width' on the Chorus effect seems way too extreme. Turns the patch into a sound effect very quickly!

-> When the digital delay effect is in sync mode, there doesn't seem to be any visual feedback / indicator of what the delay time is relative to the tempo.

-> In a multi patch, when switching between the groups (G1, G2 etc) on the voice edit page  the modulation panel doesn't update to the current group. So if you are tweaking filter cutoff modulations on G2, then you switch to G1, the modulation panel shows G2 still.

-> Also in multi mode, (and maybe I am taking the wrong approach with the creation of my multi patches), but when I save a multi patch with new groups that I have just created, it appears as though all the group numbers are reset back to 1 after the patch saves, and I can no longer edit any of the groups except the first. However, I can hear that all the groups are still there and the patch sounds like it should. Is this normal? Do I need to save all the parts in the multi individually before making a multi? Should I go back and read the manual again? (yes)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:04:03 am by mgfaudio »

LBH

Re: A couple of small bugs...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:02:40 pm »
Hi and welcome to Arturia forums.

-> In a multi patch, when switching between the groups (G1, G2 etc) on the voice edit page  the modulation panel doesn't update to the current group. So if you are tweaking filter cutoff modulations on G2, then you switch to G1, the modulation panel shows G2 still.
The modulation panel parameters follow the Group you have selected in the Main panel. The selected Group does not change on the Main panel  if you just assign a voice to another group.

-> Also in multi mode, (and maybe I am taking the wrong approach with the creation of my multi patches), but when I save a multi patch with new groups that I have just created, it appears as though all the group numbers are reset back to 1 after the patch saves, and I can no longer edit any of the groups except the first. However, I can hear that all the groups are still there and the patch sounds like it should. Is this normal? Do I need to save all the parts in the multi individually before making a multi? Should I go back and read the manual again? (yes)
You should not have to save edited sounds as single presets. That is an option you have.
The groups should not switch back to Group 1.

EDIT: If you use different edits for the same preset in more than one Group, then you unfortunately need to save the edits as seperate presets. Otherwise you get the behavior you mention.
I don't know if this is a bug, but it would be nice, if you could use the same preset with different edits in multiple Groups. That would be a logical and better way to work, and it does seem like bug, you can't do this. I also thought that the first time, i tried this. EDIT END.

There are reported other issues for Matrix 12 V2.
I can have misunderstood your issue, and in that case a step by step list of what you do may help. Also screenshots and videos of the issues can be of help.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:55:41 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines