April 16, 2024, 08:02:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Latency and audio question  (Read 6384 times)

DylanNau

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi Latency and audio question
« on: February 13, 2005, 12:53:08 am »
This is probably real easy but Im wondering how to adjust for the latency caused with my midi keyboard.  There is a delay from when I strike the key and the note sounds.  Where do I adjust for this?  makes soloing extremely difficult.

Mac G4 powerbook 1.2GHZ, 1000mbram
Digi Mbox
Midisport
korg ms2k

Also, there is a small bit of distortion/noise on many of the patches on my ARP (yes, I did purchase it) especially on the delay and the sequence patches.  Makes it almost unusable.  Is this the program or can my computer not handle it?
Thanks

FabP

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 10:09:20 am »
Hello,

do you use the ARP 2600 in the stand alone version or inside a sequencer ?
You need to adjust your driver latency (ASIO for example) to have a small delay when playing.
The distortion/noise that you have may come from a driver problem too, or a too high audio output level.
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

DylanNau

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 08:40:25 pm »
Quote from: "FabP"
Hello,

do you use the ARP 2600 in the stand alone version or inside a sequencer ?
You need to adjust your driver latency (ASIO for example) to have a small delay when playing.
The distortion/noise that you have may come from a driver problem too, or a too high audio output level.

I usually use it as standalone.  The crackling only happens when the delay on the arp2600v is on.  Ill attemp to adjust my driver latency (???)somehow, thanks for your response.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines