April 26, 2024, 02:43:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab Native Instruments Presets  (Read 3303 times)

edemunari

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Analog Lab Native Instruments Presets
« on: October 13, 2016, 12:07:26 pm »
Hi,
it seems no Native Instruments Presets for Analog Lab 2, is it right?

Well if it's true this will be really appreciated to use it at the best with Machine 2 and komplete kontrol.

Thanks in advance, cheers, Eriberto
hi, Eriberto

LBH

Re: Analog Lab Native Instruments Presets
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 11:50:37 pm »
Hi,
it seems no Native Instruments Presets for Analog Lab 2, is it right?

Well if it's true this will be really appreciated to use it at the best with Machine 2 and komplete kontrol.

Thanks in advance, cheers, Eriberto

HI,

I usually don't use Komplete Kontrol.
And i have the full V-Collection 5.

I can only load Analog Lab 2 as a plug-in in Komplete Kontrol Software using the drop down menu.
Analog Lab 2 presets do not show in Komplete Kontrols browser, but can be selected in the loaded Analog Lab 2 plug-in.

I can see it may be complicated to have special NKS files for Analog Lab 2, as the presets in Analog Lab 2 are the same as in the individual VC applications. Having seperate files for Analog Lab would destroy Arturias own powerful preset management system, that updates presets in Analog Lab when you save in  the individual applications
So  the NKS file should open the original application. At least until you save it as a Analog Lab 2 NKS file yourself.

Do you have Analog Lab 2? Can you save and create NKS files after selecting presets in Analog Labs plug-in? And can't you map parameters yourself in Komplete Kontrol?
I don't know if it's possible to make NKS files for Analog Lab this way. Especially not if you don't have the Arturia applications the presets you use belong to.

Personally i'd say we're on a wrong track, if a plug-in vendors and preset designers have to make presets for all kinds of speciel systems like NKS.

More and more vendors may create seperate control systems. How many kind of presets should be delivered from a plug-in vendor and from sepearte  preset/ sound designers that sell soundpacks? Should presets for DAW systems also be delievered? Where to stop?

I can see many difficulties to change from a specialized control system, if one at a point, wan't to do so. All your work in one system can not be used in another.

Speciel systems may create monopoles and/ or bind you to a certain system and perhaps certain hardware.
IMO we need a common standard for systems like NKS to prevent monopols, to prevent we drown in duplicates of presets in all kinds of formats, and to save work, and to make things more fleksible when moving from system to system.

Cheers

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines