April 26, 2024, 09:29:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Major playback disfunction when switching patterns  (Read 1164 times)

kirk217patrick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Major playback disfunction when switching patterns
« on: October 11, 2016, 06:15:13 pm »
Although some of the initial issues I encountered with playback when I first started using the BSP in February have been fixed, I'm still having major issues that prevent this instrument from being useful in live and studio settings.
1) Sometimes when switching to a new pattern, the new pattern will begin at step 33 instead of step 1. I was told would be fixed back in March.
2) When I switch to a new pattern, the note on Sequencer 1, step 1 (which I am sending out to Korg MS20 mini via CV) is silent about 60% of the time. This is obviously a huge problem if you're trying to establish a key change in a song and the first note of a new part is not played at all.
3) I've noticed that when I'm editing and working on patterns in a song, if I change patterns within a project while playback is stopped that when I press play again, it plays the wrong parts of the song. The readout may say I'm on pattern 2, but it might be playing pattern 4 in sequencer 1 and pattern 3 in the drum sequencer. It makes it incredibly difficult, confusing and tedious to write new material.
Are any other users experiencing these issues for the current firmware? I can't find other complaints about this.
Is it possible I have a defective unit?
I've tried to "work around" these problems for months now and been patient with waiting for upgrades. But it's getting incredibly frustrating.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines