April 19, 2024, 07:47:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't create new preset libraries  (Read 6445 times)

rocknout

Can't create new preset libraries
« on: October 10, 2016, 05:26:04 pm »
I click  the + and type in the name of the preset and hit the enter key and it doesn't make the preset list for me to drop what favorites I like . It keeps removing the name every time I try .

LBH

Re: Can't create new preset libraries
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 06:30:22 pm »
I click  the + and type in the name of the preset and hit the enter key and it doesn't make the preset list for me to drop what favorites I like . It keeps removing the name every time I try .

Could you please provide some screenshots of what you are doing?
To me it sounds like you mix things up.

You can save presets using "Save" or "Save as" and click "OK". Using "Enter" don't work for me. Would be nice if it did Arturia.

You can create playlists by clicking on the "+" type in a Playlist name and hit "Enter".

You can drag presets to the playlist and drop them. You see them by clicking the playlist. If you create a playlist called "Favorites", then you can drag your favorites preset to this playlist.
But -

You can also just select a preset to be favorite by clicking the "Heart" symbol under the preset attributes. For Multipresets it's in the "Preset" tab. (There are Tracks, MIDI, Effects and Preset tabs). That don't send the preset to the playlist, but you can sort the browser by favorites marked this way.

Is this what you are doing? Don't that work?

EDIT:
You can for instance also save a presets changing the "Bank" name to favorites. Then you will have a Bank named Favorites. But a preset can only have obe Bank attribute - only be in one Bank.

And you can also make a "Type" attribute named Favorites you can use to sort in the browser if you would like to.

All should be saved clicking "OK" when saving. The new attriburtes will appear in the GUI.
EDIT end.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 07:55:58 pm by LBH »

maze

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:43:28 pm »
I also can not create a new playlist when using Analog Lab as vst in host (I am using Brainspawn Forte).  I can click the + sign and type a new name in,  but pressing enter does not do anything and the playlist disappears when I do anything else in program.  I have to open Analog Lab in stand alone mode and I can then create the playlist.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 09:30:27 pm »
Perhaps it's best to create a direct support ticket on this one.

valenzuped@gmail.com

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 07:13:36 am »
Try opening the standalone Analog Lab 2 application in administrator mode (Right lick icon and select Run as Administrator on pc) I was able to create playlists this way; When you open the VST the playlists should be there.

You can always just take a note of the presets you like in sticky notes (or the mac equivalent) and then add them to your playlist in the standalone application. Hope this helps. 8)

Maybe running your DAW as admnistrator will get the playlist functions for the VST working.

valenzuped@gmail.com

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 07:25:12 am »
Yup running DAW in admin worked for me! Although this can lead to other non-Analog Lab related issues, at least with Ableton.

Ragnar

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 09:55:58 pm »
Hi! 

Thanks for a great Arturia Forum!
And THANKS for the fantastic synths!!! I use them every day in my home-studio...

To make a Playlist, I do almost the same as valenzuped:

One way to do it, is to open the synth in standalone mode (no Admin mode needed, and not open it in Analog Lab Standalone, either.)  With the synth in standalone mode, I make and name the Playlist, and eventually add just one presets, etc. But just creating the Playlist should be enough.

Then I close the synth in standalone mode, and go to my DAW (Cubase Elements 8 ) and I there can add presets to the Playlist i created earlier, and all the presets added, will be saved together with the DAW-project (without being in DAW-admin mode.) Hope this helps someone. :)

---

I love the Arturia Synths!!! (I have V Collection 5.) I am now waiting for my Arturia MiniLab.
And will buy the Arturia Keylab 61 later.

A small introduction, since its my first post here?

I'm quite new to VST's in a DAW. But am learning every day. :)  Had  some hardware-synths before. But am doing only VST synths now, and loving it!
I am a guitarist, and I use the Yamaha G10 synthguitar for synth tracks. I owned the G10 for many years.

Slide-guitar is my main instrument. If someone needs a track, just send me an email, I'd be perfectly happy to help someone with some slide/dobro/lapsteel-tracks.  :)  To send tracks/midi-tracks back and forth, amongst musicians has been a dream for years.

I use my Yamaha G10 guitar controller a lot, which works wonderfully...
It's the best guitar synth ever. (Maybe except for the Synthaxe.)   You just have to know how to set up the G10, and of'course, how to play it...  ;D ;) 

Joking aside, actually, to set up a G-10/G-10C for perfect playing with almost NO GLITCHES, is a lot easier to do than most G10-owners may think. (Well let's say 99.95% glitches-free. And even those 0.05% are avoidable with good technique.)

Many years ago I had the Oberheim Xpander in my home-studio. I sold it and have always regretted selling it... But now I have a Matrix12 V2, which makes me forget my old synth. And I am in synth-love again because of the Matrix 12 V2! :D

Regards, Ragnar

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines