April 19, 2024, 12:04:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The Lag generators legato is not working correct.  (Read 2312 times)

LBH

The Lag generators legato is not working correct.
« on: November 09, 2016, 04:33:00 am »
Matrix 12 V2 Lag generators legato is not working correct.

This legato has nothing to do with a playmode, but it work like that at the moment.

It should work like this no matter you play legato or lift all fingers from the keyboard before you press another key:
A. When legato is off then the Lag effect shall be stepped. If a pitch portamento it shall be a stepped/ quantitized chromatic effect from note to note like playing a chromatic scale one note after another.
B. When legato is on then the Lag effect shall be a smooth glide. If a pitch portamento it shall be a smooth glide effect with no stepping from note to note gliding legato thru the notes.

This is how the manual describe it:
"Legato: Legato provides a smooth, gradual response. When deselected, the result is a “stepped” response. In terms of pitch, the result would be a chromatic scale between two notes, not a “pitch bend.”"

This means when legato is on, then the effect shall work like a unstepped smooth pitch bend.

Please fix this Arturia.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:43:30 am by LBH »

LBH

Re: The Lag generators legato is not working correct.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 02:58:39 pm »
Just tested on the "Single template" preset. On this preset the Lag generators legato disable the Lag effect.
On a different preset it's still like i described in my first post.
So there seems to be issues of different kinds regarding the Lag legato. It don't work correct.

Anyway - For example a normal simple glide is not possible, like it should be using the Lag generator.

Just tested on todays new update of Matrix version 2.0.4.1120.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:00:41 pm by LBH »

jeffbart

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 06:54:54 am »
+1

When used as a mod source, the lag 'stepped' effect doesn't happen. I don't think the functionality is implemented correctly, certainly not as described in the manual.

When selected in page 2 for VCO 1 VCO 2, the 'stepped' effect works, but when 'legato' is selected, there is no lag at all. It should be 'smooth' when 'legato' is selected.
v2.0.4.1120
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 02:09:10 am »
Forgot to report the following.

I found out i perhaps had forgot to turn of "Keyboard" for the VCOs in page 2. If doing that - at least in the latest version - and having the lag generator controled by Keybd, then glissando is replaced by glide/ portamento in this pitch glide/ portamento example.

This behavior actually make sense, as the Lag generator legato then is more logical in the sense that the lag only is activated when playing legato style.
However then Matrix V3s manual is wrong in the description of the lag generators legato mode. And that's the coarse for confusion.
The original Matrix manual actually describe the lag generators legato mode correct.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines