April 26, 2024, 07:30:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Latency Problem with Arpeggiator  (Read 5208 times)

Tommaso_v

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Latency Problem with Arpeggiator
« on: October 06, 2016, 06:02:43 pm »
Hi guys,
I'm Tommaso, from Turin.

I've a question: I use to control my volca or my minilogue with the Keystep and when I play the arpeggiator in 1/4, 1/8 or in others slow tempo I hear a fastidious latency... Does someone of you have the same problem? I don't have idea how to fix it.
If necessary I can make a video to explain better.

Thank you!

Tommaso_v

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Latency Problem with Arpeggiator
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 06:13:51 pm »
...and I'm sure that's a Keystep problem because if I control minilogue or volca with the microkorg arpeggiator there's not latency. :(
The latency with the keystep is audible only when I play slow tempo

thank you guys

Starch

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 11:38:22 pm »
hi I have the same problem. just bought my Keystep Saturday, made sure I updated the firmware first. I'm using mine with Arturia plug in's.
If I simply play the keys with Arp off there is no latency. if I use the Arp there is a noticeable difference between pressing a key an hearing the first note, more noticeable at slower speeds. I know it's the Keystep as I have set up my novation bass station 2 in exactly the same way as a test and there is no latency with the arp.

Tommaso_v

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 09:37:49 am »
Not god  :(

hope that they will fix this bug

Starch

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 10:43:56 pm »
I contacted Artura about this. it's because the Arp is synced to the clock so if you press the keys out of sync with the clock it gives the appearance of latency because the note won't be played until the next beat of the clock, that's why it appears worse at slow arp speeds. The clock starts as soon as you press the play button, you can see the beats with the flashing of the tap tempo so you have to play in time.
if your Korg is the same as my mininova and bass station, the clock resets when you release all the keys and starts as soon as you next press the keys.
I prefer this and wish the Keystep offered this option as its better for me when playing with a real drummer.
This is a deal breaker for me and I'm thinking about returning mine as the Keystep isn't offering anything I can't already do. it's a shame as the sequencer is ok and the keys are nice to play, I just don't like the ARP.

inteks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2016, 04:57:02 pm »
same problem here (i think) sry for making a new thread for this.
i made a short video -> http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=89718.0

nize to know that i'm not alone!!!
i hope arturia can fix this...

inteks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2016, 05:04:31 pm »
we need something like this in "midi control center"  urgently

inteks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 05:14:40 pm »
and what would make this almost perfect is when the sequencer transpose works as now only if "hold" ist pressed!!

if "hold" not pressed it should trigger the sequence once/immediately transposed to the pressed key.
 8)

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2016, 09:40:42 am »
and what would make this almost perfect is when the sequencer transpose works as now only if "hold" ist pressed!!

if "hold" not pressed it should trigger the sequence once/immediately transposed to the pressed key.
 8)

You are only ever in "Hold" mode or "Keyboard" mode.  How would "Keyboard" mode work if the sequence is transposed if you hit a key when not in "Hold" mode?
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

inteks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2016, 10:08:18 am »

8)

You are only ever in "Hold" mode or "Keyboard" mode.  How would "Keyboard" mode work if the sequence is transposed if you hit a key when not in "Hold" mode?

afaik currently in sequence mode the hold button is ignored...
in transpose mode it would be a really nize addition!! in keyboard mode it can still ignore hold button...

but pls dont let go to far offtopic !!

arp restart is a real problem lets focus on that

megamarkd

• Dead By Dawn
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 03:55:00 am »

8)

afaik currently in sequence mode the hold button is ignored...
in transpose mode it would be a really nize addition!! in keyboard mode it can still ignore hold button...

but pls dont let go to far offtopic !!

arp restart is a real problem lets focus on that

Oops, I messed up!  Not "hold" but "transpose".

Yes sorry about the derail, train back on track!
Currently running https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/1311723 / www.modulargrid.net, sequencing with KSP and recording with a Zoom (no DAW involved, for better or worse ;) )

inteks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2017, 08:27:16 am »
Can someone of arturia please comment on this...
is there any hope that this will be fixed in future updates?

have fun
inteks

Raffaman

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2017, 09:14:47 pm »
anyone fixed that issue??
Latency when keystep gets clock from Cubase 9..you have to be extremely precise on playng..if not key sounds a little bit out of tempo..

GHOST 1970

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2017, 11:42:44 pm »
Has this been fixed? Just got a KSTP  so i could record arp'd notes into mpc1k and the latency is unusable. Regardless of how it works with a clock it should not be that latent. eh? Any workarounds? Tested with other synth arps and worked fine (roland sys1 that i just sold). Tested by using KeyStp's internal clock and tapping in the tempo of whatever track I was recording the notes to. And that kinda worked. :( It's a shame. Always something with Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines