April 19, 2024, 09:46:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The CS-80 VCF AttacK level (AL) is not working correct. Filter is odd.  (Read 2214 times)

LBH

The CS-80 VCF AttacK level (AL) is not working correct.
I have tested this on the Trombone  preset and set to upper line only.
On other sound it's okay, but then someting else is wrong. Please test it.

At the moment it work like a envelope attack on the trombone.
When using the VCF decay only (Having the envelope attack a release fully down) there should be no slow attack as that should be applied by the envelope attack. But there is a slow attack if you turn up the AL even if it in this case - (when only using the decay) -  should only set the maximum level of the envelope decay. The result should be a decayed curve only like a pluck sound or ramp down sound.

Perhaps there are other VCF envelope issues. Something really odd is going on with the VCF envelope.  Filter section is odd. Its like the behavior change. So please check it.

Can anyone confirm there is odd changing behaviors for the filter section that is not correct?

CS-80 seems very buggy to me.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:08:48 pm by LBH »

LBH

Re: The CS-80 VCF AttacK level (AL) is not working correct. Filter is odd.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 12:15:04 am »
It looks like the Attack Level (AL) parameter affect the filter types. It should'nt. It shall only affect the level.

And it looks like it also has something to do with the fact that you can't switch parameters - including the filter type parameters - on and off like this thread - " Cannot enable or disable filters: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87962.0 " - is about, because the AL by mistake affect the filter types. So this AL bug also proove the bugs in reported by Jeffbart in the linked thread is very important.

I agrea with Jeffbart that CS-80 is pretty much useless at the moment. Unfortunately not the only VC5 application to be.
CS-80 is also useless because of the aftertouch and hold issues that has been reported.

Unfortunately it looks like VC-5 was out way to soon. You need to step up very fast Arturia.

Also in CS-80 it looks like there actually are technical issues that is the reason why the applications sometimes sound thin as i have posted about from when VC5 was released. It's filter issues.

Arturia - Time to be resonsible. Not perhaps sometime in the future. You should have been a long time ago allready.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 12:42:36 am by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 10:38:50 pm »
I think the original CS-80 actually work like CS-80 V3 does. I'm not completely sure, but it so unless the original did shut down the filter at the lowest position.
Perhaps the origianals filters was affected differntly. I can't tell for sure.

But perhaps this only is a bug because the switches for the filter have been there in earlier versions and sounds are using those switches. Thise sound don't sound correct. And some of the colored preset buttons settings also seems to use the switches so they are wrong too.

Also it is a nice feature the switches work because it make more sound possiblities as an option to the originals behavior.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 10:44:03 pm by LBH »

LBH

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 02:19:13 pm »
This seems to be fixed in version 3.0.5.1141.
Switches for the HPF and LPF has returned.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines