April 24, 2024, 11:14:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Suggestion: ARP Octaves and a different clock option  (Read 1762 times)

hintenanstellen

Suggestion: ARP Octaves and a different clock option
« on: September 29, 2016, 01:26:25 pm »
I really like the Keystep but it's sad that the Arp does handle "arp"-ing octaves so inconveniently.

There really should be an option to set arp octaves by using oct+ and oct- (for example in combination with holding the Rec-Button). Or let user reconfigure the shifted keys on the keyboard. (Some might not need the "select midi channel" option or would get rid of swing factors they don't need and have arp-octave+ and arp-octave- instead.
Customisation would be easily done in your midi control center.

Another thing is the Clock sync selection:
I normally use the keystep synced to external usb midi clock.
But sometimes i don't have a clock running and if i want to to some sequencing/arping on the keystep i have to grab the back and fiddle with the small dip-switches. Rinse and repeat to get it synced externally again...

Suggestion:
When synced externally the tap button is only needed when keystep is in Seq- and Rec-mode. Other than that the tap button is unused.
Would it be possible to implement something like that:
If Keystep does not receive clock signals and is not in rec mode: press & hold tap to switch to internal sync.
Press & hold "tap" to switch back to dip-setting.

Hope you'll consider that.
Other than that: Thanks for a nice product! Hopefully it will keep improving further to make it fantastic!  ;)

Tommaso_v

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Suggestion: ARP Octaves and a different clock option
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 06:48:19 pm »
Yes, the arp octaves could be very usefull.
Currently I think that the microkorg arpeggiator is better that the keystep one, just because it has the arp octaves.

Sponde

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Suggestion: ARP Octaves and a different clock option
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 11:42:01 pm »
Totally agree with the two ideas : the arp octave thing would be so so cool.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines