March 28, 2024, 11:37:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: "Ghost" PWM bug  (Read 3010 times)

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
    • Soundcloud page with synth demos
"Ghost" PWM bug
« on: September 03, 2016, 09:39:04 pm »
I'm running into a strange bug (at least it seems like a bug to me) in the Mac version (3.0.2.98) of Prophet V3.

In Prophet 5 mod, bring up a patch called Pro Clarinet.

In the Mixer section, turn Osc A all the way down. You will hear Osc B with pulse waveform, but during the Attack, it sounds like the pulse width is being modulated by something (envelope with a quick attack). If you turn Osc B PW knob all the way to the right, it is especially pronounced.

However I can't see anything that might be modulating it... in the P5 it is not possible to have an envelope modify Osc B PW. Even when I switch to P5/VS hybrid mode, the mod matrix doesn't have any modulation routings. So I have to assume this is some kind of bug...even though in the case of the clarinet sound, it is probably intentional because it adds a cool clarinet attack element.

The only reason I noticed this is because I was using this patch as a starting point for a custom patch I was working on, and no matter what I tried, I could not turn that PWM off.

LBH

Re: "Ghost" PWM bug
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 10:34:38 pm »
I can confirm the behavior.

I guess you mean Pro Clavinet preset. But never mind, it's the same for any sound you try to create that use OSC-B PW.
There seems to be some kind of short envelope on the attack. Perhaps on the PW, perhaps on the pitch when using PW or both.

It also seems like a bug to me. At least it was not like this in V2.

Even if the Modulation Matrix should influence somehow, then it should'nt in P5 mode.

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:53:08 pm »
Any response from Arturia? This is a pretty serious bug - every single preset that uses pulse wave and has a fast attack, sounds wrong right now...

LBH

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 12:38:34 am »
I think this issue is fixed in todays update version 3.0.4.1069.

After a short test it looks like it.

hermitnerd

• Paul Schilling
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 12:39:27 am »
woot! woot!

I think this issue is fixed in todays update version 3.0.4.1069.

After a short test it looks like it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines