March 28, 2024, 09:40:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Solina V2.0.4 no longer recognised by Logic 9  (Read 3973 times)

reddog

Solina V2.0.4 no longer recognised by Logic 9
« on: September 23, 2016, 04:10:09 am »
This is a long story and a bit complicated.

Yesterday I installed the latest version of Solina V2 (2.0.4.1042) and added it to a project I'm working on in Logic Pro 9.1.8.  No problems.

I'd added a few presets to a new bank in Solina and then added Reaktor 6 to the project.

Unfortunately I clicked on a Reaktor 6 instrument (which I also downloaded yesterday) that was created in Reaktor 6.0.3. I'm still using Reaktor 6.0.1—I haven't updated to the latest version yet.

I got the spinning beach ball of death as Reaktor tried to load this instrument and eventually I had to force quit Logic.

Since then Logic won't recognise Solina V2 (2.0.4.1042) and it doesn't appear in the Audio Units Manager.

I reinstalled the previous version of Solina V2 (2.0.2) which was recognised, but I got an error message appearing in Logic when I tried to load it.

I was able to get it working again by resetting and rescanning it in the the Audio Units Manager.

After that I tried reinstalling the latest version, but again it wasn't recognised by Logic and I got the same error message after reinstalling v2.0.2 and loading it into Logic.

I've tried trashing the Solina V2 folder in the Library and the Solina V2 preferences—still the same problem with v2.0.4.

The standalone and VST versions work.

My thinking is that there must be some file or files (perhaps invisible) relating to Solina V2 2.0.4 that have become corrupted.

Just wondering if anyone else has any ideas on this.

I can still use v2.0.2, so it's not a disaster, but my concern is that I may not be able to use any future updates.

reddog

Re: Solina V2.0.4 no longer recognised by Logic 9
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 08:31:22 am »
Just an update.

I just installed the latest version of Vox Continental 2 (2.0.4).

Same problem as the latest version of Solina V2.

I've had to go back to the earlier version.

I'm not quite sure if this an Arturia problem or a Logic problem, or both.

But at the moment it seems that I may not be able to use updates to Arturia instruments.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 02:22:05 pm »
Apparantly no issue like this in Studio One 3, Windows 10, VST3.

You also say your VST works. So perhaps it's a plug-in version issue.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:05:41 pm by LBH »

reddog

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 03:53:07 am »
As I said in my first post, the latest version of Solina V2 did initially work in Logic.

It was only after I had to force quit Logic that this problem arose, and for some reason it now also affects the latest version of Vox Continental V2.

Yes, it is an audio unit issue, but I suspect that some file or files, possibly an Arturia file(s) that is used by all Arturia audio units, has become corrupted after I forced quit Logic.

I've tried whatever Logic fixes that I could think of including trashing the cache file com.apple.audiounits.cache, but still the same problem.

GrantPettigrew

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 11:07:56 pm »
Hi,

Just updated Solina, Wurli and Vox to latest versions and they are no longer recognised by Logic Pro 9 !

The VST's work ok (as Komplete Kontrol can see them), but the AU versions, which have been updated, are not being recognised by Logic and so I can't use them.

Just noticed three other updates have been released for Prophet etc, but avoiding at the moment.

Have raised a support ticket with Arturia.

reddog

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 03:29:47 am »
Thanks Grant,

An odd little problem.

GrantPettigrew

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 08:57:25 pm »
Hello,

This is really annoying, especially when we've all paid good money for these.

I had a reply from the help desk saying that the plugins are only officially compatible with Logic Pro X and to try a rescan. I did, but no good.

They have introduced a bug here for sure, and need to fix it as the previous AU versions were working absolutely fine in Logic Pro 9. And the updated VST versions are working fine via a VST wrapper (Komplete Kontrol).

Cheers.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines