April 19, 2024, 06:51:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Keylab 61 VST Mode Problem in FL Studio 12  (Read 2752 times)

DJ DavyC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Keylab 61 VST Mode Problem in FL Studio 12
« on: September 06, 2016, 08:59:46 pm »
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone might be able to help. I have a Keylab 61 Black Edition which I use with Analogue Lab 2. In standalone mode it works as it should but when I use it in vst mode in FL Studio 12.3 the knobs and sliders don't map correctly to analogue lab. Most don't work save one or two that seem to map to both a knob and slider at the same time.

The keys work as do the pitch and mod wheels. The pads work and the transport works just the rotaries and sliders don't. Nothing I seem to try in MIDI Control Centre works and I've tried mapping the keyboard to a separate port in FL and getting the wrapper to listen on that port but no joy  :-\ 

I have had a ticket open with Arturia Support Since the 27th Septmeber with no reply and the guys at Image Line have made a few suggestions but no break through yet.

Thanks

DJ DavyC

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Keylab 61 VST Mode Problem in FL Studio 12
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 08:24:01 pm »
Hi Everyone,
I got an answer from Fred at Arturia Support, Thanks Fred  ;D

Here's the fix,
Hi,

Sorry for the delay !

In all cases, first make sure that in standalone mode everything runs just fine, all knobs and faders are serviceable.

In Fruity Loops this is a bit tricky, as this host does not handle some MIDI CC's, so that you have to set them manually.

1. Click on the Plug-in Options menu, select "Browse Parameters".

2. Turn a *virtual* knob or fader on your controller, so you can see the attached parameter highlighted in the FL left panel.

3. Right-click on the highlighted parameter, then select "Link to controller"; a window opens, simply move the adequate *physical* knob on the hardware controller: the parameter is now correctly assigned!

4. Do the same for all controls.

Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions or provide any further information.

All the best,
Fred

In addition to Fred's Answer once you have linked the parameter, if you then go back in to " Link To Controller" and find the CNTRL number, THEN tick "Override Generic Links" and enter the number manually into the CNTRL Window and hit accept your knobs and sliders will be permanently linked in FL   ;D

One more thing don't try to do this on the default preset Analogue Lab 2 Opens at. Pick one where all the knobs and sliders link to a different parameter. The default preset links one knob and slider together in FL so this can be confusing.

Hope this saves a few headaches  :D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 08:32:17 pm by DJ DavyC »

girolamo.dj@gmail.com

Re: Keylab 61 VST Mode Problem in FL Studio 12
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 03:32:23 pm »
I have a Keylab 61..I use fl studio 12.For some time the midi control comes off and i have to tourn off and on the keyboard to be recognized by DAW,as if going into standby mode.
Thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines