April 26, 2024, 01:35:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CS80 and arpeggiation  (Read 2202 times)

Tallis

CS80 and arpeggiation
« on: September 06, 2016, 07:56:20 pm »
So I found a sound I am really liking in the CS80.  It is a pretty straight forward sequence and I wanted to tweak it a little but I realized that for the life of me I cannot figure out how to make this arpeggio start on note 1 every time I press the key.  If I stop, and then re-press the key, the sequence just begins where it left off.  I can't find any sort of "reset" or "re-trigger" on this machine.

Anybody run into this before?

LBH

Re: CS80 and arpeggiation
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 02:35:44 am »
CS-80 use the voices for the arpeggio.
When the voice mode is "Rotate", then there is no reset.
And when for instance using "Reset" mode, then the arpegiator trigger the first voice all the time.
This is quite annoying even if i can see the difficulties. In many cases this is useless, while it can do in some cases.
Some sequences use different transposes for each voice. Then only the voice mode "Rotate" can be used. And sequences like this is where the problem is. Correct?

It would be nice if Arturia made a reset some way. For instance a option (At least when using arpeggio) to "jump to voice 1" when not playing a note legato style (When all fingers are raised before a new notes are pressed), and to keep the rotate pattern when playing legato style (playing new notes before all other notes are released.)

Another way perhaps could be that the arpeggio passed to resetto voice 1 when for instance using "Reset" voice playmode when the arpeggio trigger notes above the first, and also have an option to do so when playing legato style.

Something like this would make the arpeggio more useful.
And there could be other options like adding a sequencer that can reset.

EDIT: Even a function to select a voice to be the next to play could be a solution in some cases. ANd it couls also compliment other solotions. If working with automations in a DAW this feature could also be a creative thing. EDIT END

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 02:44:41 am by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines