March 28, 2024, 10:17:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: MIDI assignment issues  (Read 1316 times)

StudioAnnur

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
MIDI assignment issues
« on: September 06, 2016, 04:27:36 am »
Is anyone else having problems with MIDI Learn on the VC5 synths? I am having issues assigning the knobs and sliders on my controller to the parameters on the synths. I did not have any issues with this on the VC4 synths. Example: I created a performance on my controller for Jup-8V. Slider #1 on my controller is set to CC73, which is attack. In MIDI Learn, when I click on Env 1 Attack and move the slider #1 on my controller, Jup-8 recognizes the slider movement, but not the CC ; it jumps to CC100  (my controller only sends CC's 0-98) and the Env 1 Attack slider on Jup-8V goes all the way to the top and gets stuck. There is no way to change the CC on Jup-8V to match the CC's assigned to the knobs and sliders on my controller. With the former version, when I opened MIDI Learn, I was able to assign the parameters a CC value to match those assigned to everything on my controller. This not only occurs in Jup-8, but all of the VC5 synths. I have performances on my controller created for all the VC5 synths, and the only things I can use on my controller are the first two knobs, which are assigned to cutoff and resonance. Nothing else can be mapped due to not being able to select different CCs on the soft synths. This occurs in both stand-alone and plug-in mode. I know the problem lies with VC5, and not my controller, because all of my other soft synths are mapped perfectly. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug that Arturia needs to be made aware of?  Below is an example of what I'm talking about: ProV v3.0 in VC5 vs previous version in VC4. Any feedback would be appreciated before I dump VC5 and reinstall VC4 on my PC. Not being able to map everything is a major issue.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines