March 29, 2024, 05:56:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: No presets can be selected except for default preset in B-3 V or any V-5 synth  (Read 7247 times)

aaron aardvark

I tried out (trial version) B-3 V on my wife's laptop with Mac OSX 10.11 and it worked fine.  So then I bought the V-Collection 5.  Here is what happens on our iMac with Mac OSX 10.9.5: this happens within Cubase AI8 or in standalone version: B-3 V opens up with a default preset that works fine.  But you can't select any other preset, whether it is with the virtual arrow buttons, and no patches are shown where they should be.  Anyone have a solution for this?  Four days ago, sent an email to Arturia's Support, but no answer yet.

Edit: now I noticed NONE of my V-collection 5 synths have any presets to select from (other than the default preset that initially opens with the synth plug-in) whether in standalone mode, or operating within Cubase AI8 and Mac OSX 10.9.5.  This has not happened before.  I wonder if I'm going to have to re-install the V-Collection 5.

Edit: I tried the latest patch converter software; not surprisingly that didn't help.  I just updated B-3 V to the latest version also; that didn't help either.  There were at least a dozen V-Collection 5 synths I could have updated, but I didn't think that would help, so I have yet to do that.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:49:02 am by aaron aardvark »

jackn2mpu

No problems here with the demo on OSX 10.9.5 in standalone. Have you repaired permissions in OSX? How up to date is your OSX 10.9.5? I ask because the last security update mucked up my machine and I had to back date (thank the deities for a working clone of my system drive0.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
No issues using Pro Tools 12.4.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

aaron aardvark

jackn2mpu and TonyFlyingSquirrel,
Thank you for replying.

jack,
I tried the repaired permissions (not sure if that is a defrag), but that did not help.  Mac OSX10.9.5 is not the latest, OSX 10.11 I think is the latest.  I did not update to 10.11 because then my toontrack EZDrummer (not 2) would not work.  It is weird the V-Collection 5 worked OK with all of the presets available for about 2 months before most all of them became invisible on the Arturia synths.  I do see they exist on my hard drive in Finder.  If I try importing a new patch it is still invisible within the Arturia synth.  I try lots of demo synths that are not from Arturia, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

jackn2mpu

jackn2mpu and TonyFlyingSquirrel,
Thank you for replying.

jack,
I tried the repaired permissions (not sure if that is a defrag), but that did not help.  Mac OSX10.9.5 is not the latest, OSX 10.11 I think is the latest.  I did not update to 10.11 because then my toontrack EZDrummer (not 2) would not work.  It is weird the V-Collection 5 worked OK with all of the presets available for about 2 months before most all of them became invisible on the Arturia synths.  I do see they exist on my hard drive in Finder.  If I try importing a new patch it is still invisible within the Arturia synth.  I try lots of demo synths that are not from Arturia, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
First off permissions is nothing like a defrag. You repair permissions (which is a basic OSX operation) from inside OSX disk utility. Select your system drive and click on 'repair permissions' button. Usually takes a few minutes.

I know OSX 10.9.5 is not the latest version of OSX but within OSX versions there are updates accessed by, once again, a basic OSX operation that is called 'software update'. This can be accessed by clicking on the Apple logo at the left of the menubar at the top of the screen.

I've been using the demo instruments ever since they came out on OSX 10.9.5 and still have access to all the presets on all VC5 synths. It's not clear - are you still working with the demos or are you using the paid-for ones? I know in your original post you purchased the VC5 s/w - just trying to make sure. Being a demo should have nothing to do with this.

Here's something to try - you have or should have Analog Lab 2 - can you see all the presets within that?

Odd question - did you let the VC5 installer put things where it wanted to?
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

aaron aardvark

jack,
Thank you for replying.  Yes, I did the repair permissions thing earlier, I just didn't know what it actually did, even after researching it for a few minutes.  I paid for V-Collection 5.  I did see the Mac OSX 10.9.5 update, though it seemed to be only relating to security issues.  Latest one is August 26, 2016, which seems quite recent, my wife allowed that update to happen earlier.  My wife says it can't be any more up to date.  I just tried Analog 2 for the second time, it still has the same problem: no presets are visible.  Yes, I just let the VC5 installer put things where it wanted to; seemed to be no reason to do otherwise.

jackn2mpu

jack,
Thank you for replying.  Yes, I did the repair permissions thing earlier, I just didn't know what it actually did, even after researching it for a few minutes.  I paid for V-Collection 5.  I did see the Mac OSX 10.9.5 update, though it seemed to be only relating to security issues.  Latest one is August 26, 2016, which seems quite recent, my wife allowed that update to happen earlier.  My wife says it can't be any more up to date.  I just tried Analog 2 for the second time, it still has the same problem: no presets are visible.  Yes, I just let the VC5 installer put things where it wanted to; seemed to be no reason to do otherwise.
Ouch - I don't know what to say. I haven't checked for updates to OSX 10.9.5 in a while so I don't have the one you do on your system. Again - have you tried Analog Lab 2 and are the presets visible/usable there?

Just had a thought: are you running as administrator?
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

aaron aardvark

jack & others,
I think I solved my problem, though I've barely checked it out.  I re-installed the entire V-Collection 5 (without un-installing or deleting anything) and did the ACG (or is it AGC?) thing right afterwards.  So far my presets are back on Vox Continental-V and B3-V.  Thank you!  :)

jackn2mpu

jack & others,
I think I solved my problem, though I've barely checked it out.  I re-installed the entire V-Collection 5 (without un-installing or deleting anything) and did the ACG (or is it AGC?) thing right afterwards.  So far my presets are back on Vox Continental-V and B3-V.  Thank you!  :)
Hope that you indeed have this behind you. One question: what is the 'AGC or ACG thing'?
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

aaron aardvark

jack,
I think I just clicked on a virtual button or two on some activation code thing.  It's not like I had to re-enter the activation code.  My memory is a bit fuzzy on that because I hardly did anything with it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines