March 28, 2024, 03:32:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Not all MIDI info being recognised in Cubase  (Read 1641 times)

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Not all MIDI info being recognised in Cubase
« on: August 08, 2016, 10:33:36 am »
Hi there!

I have been using the V Collection 3 for over a year and have been really enjoying it. I have a Novation Impulse controller and record onto Cubase 8 (Artist version, 64bit).

As a previous Arturia customer I was given a free download of Analog Lab 2. The new interface is nice (though not without its limitations - a 'favourites' filter would be nice, for example) and the presets of the new instruments are great, I was particularly impressed with the Synclavier, Solina and B3.

However, I soon encountered a problem. What I usually do in my recordings is record a synth track - which of course is done as a MIDI file - then convert it to an audio file once I'm happy. In Cubase you can do this using a function called 'render-in-place', and this has never been an issue with any of my V Collection 3 instruments. Unfortunately, if I do this using Analog Lab 2 it fails to record any of the MIDI expressions (sustain pedal, mod wheel, etc) and only records the actual notes played. I did eventually find a way around this - instead of using 'render-in-place' I made a real-time audio mixdown, but of course it's much more time consuming, and even though this deals with the problem I'm sure Arturia would prefer this not to be the case.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Or can anyone suggest anything I may have missed?

Thanks for reading.

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Not all MIDI info being recognised in Cubase
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 03:44:59 pm »
Hi MuddySuzuki, and welcome on this board.
Just verified your issue, on a cubase 8. Recorded a midi track with ANALOG LAB 2 , just tweaked pitchbend and modwheel while was keeping a chord. Converted to an audio file using the "render in place " function.
You're right. On my audio track, no pitch or modulation changes were heard. It went fine with the real-time audio mixdown trick.
reporting this to dev team right now.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Best,

MuddySuzuki

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Not all MIDI info being recognised in Cubase
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 11:49:37 pm »
Thanks Germain.

Not wishing to give you guys unnecessary work, but if this happens with Analog Lab 2, perhaps you might want to check the new versions of all the separate V instruments too...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines