April 20, 2024, 03:09:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Beatstep Pro Midi In- External Controller not working  (Read 3487 times)

emobru

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Beatstep Pro Midi In- External Controller not working
« on: August 04, 2016, 10:24:12 am »
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. :) I'm a newbie so maybe I'm skipping something here, but the fact is that I cannot record/send notes from my MicrokorgXL midi out to my BSP midi in. Both machines use midi channel 1 to send and receive information, so I think everything is set properly. Nevertheles, there is no way my BSP "reads" any note from my MKXL. Any suggestion? Thanks in advance!

crispyw

Re: Beatstep Pro Midi In- External Controller not working
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 02:16:43 pm »
Hi - I just bought a Beatstep pro and I have the same issue with a midi controller keyboard - did you manage to solve this?
Chris

emobru

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 09:43:51 am »
Hi Chris, I don't know why but now I am able to control my volca through the midi out of my MKXL, maybe it was the latest Firmware. Anyway I still have trouble with this, because while not in record mode I canīt send notes when the BSP is running, so recordings have to be done on the fly.

I grec

• Firmware Wizard
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 04:21:52 pm »
Hi all,
BeatStepPro have MIDI input channels and MIDI output channels (CHAN (output channels) and SHIFT + CHAN (input channels)). Are input channels well configured?

Anyway I still have trouble with this, because while not in record mode I canīt send notes when the BSP is running, so recordings have to be done on the fly.
I do not understand what you mean here.

Best,
Y.

paulsvibe

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2021, 07:46:53 pm »
Hello and Good Morning,

I have tried a couple methods to do what I want but with no luck.
I want my Midi Keyboard M-Audio Venom (it has 4 Program Parts, but for now part 1 has a program synth Bassline ie. set on Midi Channel 13.)
The BSP (beatstep pro) with Sequencer 1 is set to Midi Channel 13, as it plays back the sequence of the Active Steps I enjoy that it is triggering the Part 1 on Venom keyboard.

My Goal: But now what I want to do is logically i’ve tried this over and over, even with Arturia tech support, and using the MIDI CC (controller center software to configure the BSP with the Seq 1 Midi Out as CH 13 for BSP and Midi In as CH 13 with BSP, I even tried a different Program Midi Ch on Venom set as Ch 1, to Seq 1 Midi In as 1 (as Arturia says to avoid a feedback or cut off loop when i press a Venom Key to transpose the sequence). Yes normally I can manually press Sequencer 1 Button then Press the Square Pad to transpose the pitch key manually but thats a combo of keys but i essentially want to do that but with only 1 key press on the Venom keyboard to transpose the sequencing played back active steps on the fly for live performance), to Transpose the bassline pitch note up or down with just one Venom key press so all active steps transpose (since they are all the same note in the sequence).
The pitch knobs only work on the fly but way to many knows to turn for each and every active seq step. That is useful for pre-production tuning or maybe tweaking live but not in this case. The seq 1 + pad method changes the pitch or notes of all active steps at once but i need to use my venom key press of a note to send that to the BSP fast on the live performance.

If its not working (as venom You must have a Program sound chosen to to Part 1 (of a 4 Multi Part, or 1 Single Program to any of the 4 Parts, each part can be assigned to a midi Ch. but lets keep it simple for this solution / goal) even be able to change or enable a Midi Channel change on it in Vyzex editor then save it store it to the instrument).

Is there a simple test to check if the Midi In for my Beatstep Pro is working?

I’ll attach a video link of my explanations and goal too.
https://vimeo.com/574701692
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 08:16:55 pm by paulsvibe »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines