March 28, 2024, 11:40:16 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Missing or incorrectly mapped samples in latest iSpark update 1.0.2  (Read 4749 times)

gburks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I just upgraded to the new version of iSpark (1.0.2) and I have a critical bug.  Whenever I open the app, different instruments are broken in new and different ways.

For example, I load a kit, and the kick drum is silent.  So I look in the Library tab.  Sometimes the waveform of the silent instrument is blank, but sometimes you can see it.  Sometimes the start time of the sample is set far to the right, near the end of the sample, and sliding it back to the beginning corrects the sound.  Sometimes it does not correct the sound.  Sometimes the kick drum plays a conga.

This is totally erratic.  I can open a different kit and it may be fine or may be broken.  Open the previous broken kit and everything may be fine.

I had this same bug early on when iSpark was brand new.  The issue seems to be with kits my user kits more than the factory kits, but the issue happens with the factory kits as well.

I use iSpark in all of my productions and live playing.  This has rendered the app unusable.  Is there any way to get a copy of 1.0.1?

See screenshots for examples of incorrect sample start time, and missing sample waveform.

gburks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Missing or incorrectly mapped samples in latest iSpark update 1.0.2
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 11:19:26 pm »
The issue seems to be that kits imported from Spark 2 have been broken with the upgrade from iSpark 1.0.1 to 1.0.2.  It was time consuming, but I was able to solve the issue by deleting iSpark from my iPad, downloading it fresh from the app store, and reimporting all my kits from Spark 2. 

Hopefully future updates won't break my kits again.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines