March 28, 2024, 01:20:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: KeyLab 49+Analog Lab+Ableton Live 9 = Nightmare  (Read 2401 times)

kat

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
KeyLab 49+Analog Lab+Ableton Live 9 = Nightmare
« on: July 29, 2016, 02:38:02 pm »
Hey people!
I have shared my little nightmare story and desperate cry out for help in another chat but haven't had any luck yet:

"Hi, guys!
I am having a crisis right now. I have been trying for weeks to get the midi working on Ableton and I still just can't figure out how to do it. I have installed the AnalogLab, all cool, but when I press certain keys on the controller, I switch from track to track in Ableton Live and can't play my stuff. Midi "response" (sorry is that the right word? I am new to this and don't have a clue what I am doing 99%of the time) isn't 1:1, sometimes there's latency, sometimes there's no sound. Analog Lab works fine on its own but playing it in Ableton is driving me nuts.
Is anyone on here who would like to save my controller from getting thrown out of the window? I am always so close to losing my sh*t with this thing. Please comment when you have an idea how to fix this situation!"

Today, I tried to fix the problem myself by trying out different things but nothing has worked. My newest observation is that when I play the keys in the 3rd octave, the keys start to behave like a remote for the tracks in ableton. C is track 1, E is track 2 and so on. When I play  an E Minor chord in the 4th octave, I leave the track where I was playing in and find myself in the last track in Ableton - HUH? I don't understand why this is happening.
What do you guys reckon?

Cheers,
Kat

Bradamantine

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: KeyLab 49+Analog Lab+Ableton Live 9 = Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 10:14:08 pm »
Wow, that sounds crazy!
My first reaction, was to make sure you're using an ASIO driver (super low-latency driver).
You can check what you're using under [Options], [Preferences], and then [Audio] and what driver you're using is displayed at the top.

It seems like the Transport functions have been changed to keys in a certain range.  I'm not sure how to help with that, I hope someone else might be able to shine some light on that.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines