March 28, 2024, 06:05:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feature Request - Add a dedicated modulation LFO  (Read 1591 times)

jeffbart

Feature Request - Add a dedicated modulation LFO
« on: July 29, 2016, 12:19:47 pm »
If you use 'LFO 1 vol' as a Destination in 'Modulation' page, it disables any PWM used in Channel I.
Same for 'LFO 2 vol' in Channel II.
That means, if you want to have PWM on a voice, you cannot use the 'LFO vol' as a mod destination.
Could we, in the future, get a separate mod LFO so it can be used as a destination and still have the PWM?

:D Discovery :D I found out I can use sub wheel +  VCO Sub Osc After (In Touch Response) to get wheel controlled vibrato without tying up the LFO's...though I'm not sure why as my keyboard does not send aftertouch. I have had a CS80 V for a few years now and didn't realise I could do this!

cheers Jeff
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:27:45 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

Re: Feature Request - Add a dedicated modulation LFO
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 03:24:06 pm »
Hi jeffbart,

On the original CS-80 there was no wheels or joystick. The Ribbon was used for all kind of modulations.
In Arturias emulation wheels are used. It's hard to place a couple of fingers on the ribbon to create vibrato and other things.
So yes it's not original that you can make the wheels to work anywhere as there was no wheels.

CS-80 was build for expression. Aftertouch is a important part of CS-80. The full power of CS-80 require aftertouch i would say.
The fact you can switch the Modwheel to work on the Sub OSC and you also have lots of possibilities in the matrix in Arturias emulation give some possibilities including possibilities the original did'nt have. And you can also use a controller that don't have aftertouch, and without using a mouse to control the GUI ribbon because of the possibilty to use wheels. You can even choose to combine aftertouch and wheel modulation if your controller has both.

Just in case - also if someone without velocity sensitive controllers wonder: The P.Bend in the Touch Response area make subtle changes of the initial pitch depending on the velocity played.

The LFO's vol behavior in the matrix i would say is logical. I guess you agree. You need more LFO's to get get different modulation types or different ways to control equal parameters.
You can use the LFOs for more destinations, but the same modulation will be added the destinations and be controlled equal ways.

EDIT: An extra dedicated LFO to use in the Matrix would be fine if possible anyway. EDIT END

Best
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:09:27 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines