March 28, 2024, 09:38:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Jupiter V3 Problem VCO 2 not getting modulated When "Low" is switched on  (Read 2551 times)

Ram

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
VCO 2 Not getting modulated by the "VCO Modulator"  when "Low" is switched on... Works perfect on Jupiter V2.
Is there a fix coming for this?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 10:08:23 am by Ram »

LBH

Can you tell a Preset where you exsperience this?

Ram

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Yo LBH,

Any preset, take a lead preset like "5th Lead" for instance...

Move the 'Source Mix" knob all the way over to VCO 2
then move the "VCO-2 Range" knob all the way over to  2'
Switch the "VCO-2 Range switch" from "Normal to Low"
Adjust the "VCO MODULATOR LFO Slider" all the way up^
There should be intense pitch bending but nothing happens.

Do the same steps on previous version & it works fine.

Take care My Man!

Ram 

Ram

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Oops I take that back... V2 is also not working either..  strange it worked last night.... I thought,
anyway, it should work like the Original JP-8 and at least do something.

I discovered it when trying to mimic a patch from my real JP-8 to the Jup V.

Ram

LBH

Hi RAM,

Switch the "VCO-2 Range switch" from "Normal to Low"
According to my understanding then:
When you do this, then VCO-2 work like a LFO, and you won't get normal sound but only the sound the LFO produce at the set speed/ the VCO-2 range and tune settings. For instance in 16'  range setting you hear clicks if you have the mix turned fully to VCO-2.

If you let VCO-2 CROSS modulate VCO-1 and mix to only having VCO-1 sound, then you in this setting hear the LFO modulation from  VCO-2 affect VCO-1.
If you then also use a normal LFO to affect VCO-1 using the VCO MODULATOR, then you actually have two different LFO modulations affecting VCO-1.

The VCO MODULATOR use the normal LFO settings and not on the VCO-2 low setting.
So when you do this
Adjust the "VCO MODULATOR LFO Slider" all the way up^
It has no effect if you have sound or not in your example. One can say it affect or should affect VCO-2 LFO rate when VCO-2 is set to work as a LFO. But the affect is not audioble to me. Perhaps there is a bug in this missing modulation possibility.  If the normal LFO did affect the VCO-2 LFO then you could create more complex modulations. That i think should be possible as you can select if the normal LFO shall affect VCO-2 or not. So i would say if it's not a bug, then i would like this feature.

BTW - How do Arturias Jupiter emulations sound relative to the original? And how did the "mimic" work?

Best
LBH

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 01:48:34 am by LBH »

Ram

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
 Hi LBH,

You said if I have VCO 2 set to "16" I should hear clicks & thats true I do hear clicks and it is those clicks that make up this sound that I am trying to mimic but on the real JP the clicks get faster & slower with the LFO mod slider & thats not happening with the V. If you move the VCO 2 Range (pitch) to 8 for example (on the JP-8) it becomes very vocal sounding & the vco modulator LFO affects it drastically even panned clear over to vco 2 only... its a killer sound & I was hoping to get it converted to the V & then add in some cool stuff that the V has.

I hear you on the other stuff & I realize its converting vco 2 to an lfo but I guess what it boils down to is this:

LFO 1's depth control wont affect vco-2's (lfo-2 technically) freq when set to Low.

Ram

LBH

Hi Ram,

but on the real JP the clicks get faster & slower with the LFO mod slider & thats not happening with the V.

I guess what it boils down to is this:
LFO 1's depth control wont affect vco-2's (lfo-2 technically) freq when set to Low.

Yes.
That's what say could be a bug it don't if the hardware do so. It should do like you describe the hardware do, so the normal LFO also affect the VCO-2 when set in low (LFO mode) too.
The effect of the LFO is/ or should be a modulation of the VCO - like when the VCO is in  normal mode - and not a speed/ rate addition/ accelleration.

Best
LBH

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines