March 22, 2018, 11:12:39 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: About "Filter Bank"  (Read 510 times)

About "Filter Bank"
« on: July 11, 2016, 09:07:00 pm »
The "Fixed Filter Bank" is more a EQ.
So i suggest that either the name is changed to include EQ in the name to not mislead, or even better that the "Fixed Filter Bank" is rebuild to actually work like a filter bank.

Here are two links for videos showing Filter banks. Take notice of how you for instance can turn down all filters but one, and still get not only a sound but actually a proper sound. This is impossible with the Modular V EQ like module.
Also take notice of how easy a filter bank can be to work with.
This is  not a genuine Moog module but acts the same -
This is  not a genuine Moog module but acts the same -

Re: About "Filter Bank"
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 12:40:30 pm »
I agree, watching the videos i was thinking of encore by Tangerine Dream, on the first track some of the sounds made, seem to come from a Fixed Filter Bank and a phaser i guess?

One of the things that really appealed about the synth but have not really explored too much until your post.

I guess the idea was to have a bank of 12 band pass / reject filters with adjustable resonance but it doesn't seem to work like that and not like the ones in the videos you listed.

I had a good play round with the bank earlier and when you turn the a knob to 0 it kicks out everything rather than just the particular frequency band say 2000 etc.

• hi from Redfern Australia
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 01:18:57 pm »
Wow, I didn't realise that's what a fixed filter bank sounds like in real life.
Would be excellent if Modular V did the same.

And FEATURE REQUEST...would be great if it could be patchable in/out like Moog 914, rather than being hardwired across the VCAs.
cubase 9.0.30, logic 10.3.3
mac Sierra 10.12.6
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Modular Moog v, mini v3, CS80 v3, SME, arp2600v, matrix12 v, DX7v
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Kevin R

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 03:42:01 am »
I don't understand why Arturia does't make the Moog filter bank a Moog filter bank.

Even Moog's iPad version of the Model 15 has an excellent 907 fixed filter bank that works the way a fixed filter bank actually works.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:02:25 am by Kevin R »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines