March 29, 2024, 11:49:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Analog Lab 2 ¿32 or 64 bits?  (Read 6479 times)

Soundtza

Analog Lab 2 ¿32 or 64 bits?
« on: July 09, 2016, 07:07:43 am »
Hi
I'm using my new KeyLab 25 and as you may know, Analog Lab 2 it' s included. And , yeah, its sounds amazing.
But I've been trying for hours  to use it as a VST plug in in Ableton Live and it doesn't work.
I read that it should be installed at 64 bits (Live too) to be used as such. I know that Live it's at 64 but ¿what about Analog Lab?
¿Should I uninstall it and try again?

I'll appreciate any help
Thanks

LBH

Re: Analog Lab 2 ¿32 or 64 bits?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 09:24:12 pm »
The info you need regarding Analog Lab you have got during the install process if you have read the info during the install process. Install process info is good to read.

I suggest you run the install just to the point where you can read the needed paths for your plug-ins and what plug-ins you have installed.
You get Analog Lab both as VST2 and VST3 in 64 bit.
During the installation you can only set path for VST2 32 bit and 64 bit. The VST3 has a fixed path.

On windows you should find the VST3 (allways 64 bit) in C/Program Files/ Common FIles/VST3

The VST2 are located at the path used during the installation.
Maybe here for the 64 bit VST2: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins\
And maybe here for the 32 bit VST2: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\Vstplugins\
As said you can see it during the install process, and even select another path during the installation if you want to for VST2.

If you for some reason have'nt installed the needed VST version, then you need to re-install Analog Lab.

Also remember that your DAW shall point at the folder where you keep the plug-in you want to use. Please refere to the DAW's manual how to set up paths. I think you do it in the preferences. I don't use Ableton.
Found this article doing a quick search. Perhaps that's it.: https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article/vst-windows/

Keep in  mind that you can use 32 bit VST's in your 64 bit DAW using jBridge. But it's beeter to use 64 bit plug-ins.
You can't use 63 bit plug-ins in a 32 bit DAW, so be sure your DAW is installed and work as 64 bit in every way.

Can't help more than this. So i hope it's enough.
Usually infos for things like this can be found on the web, and very often on the manufactures wed-sites. So i can recommend searching information on the web, when you have issues. Also manuals can be a good place to search info.

Soundtza

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 03:18:11 am »
Thank you for replying.
I've tried all the above but it doesn´t seem to work. I've already load the VST folder in Live but it doesn´t show AnalogLab 2...
I'll keep trying.

LBH

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 06:23:10 pm »
If the things i mentioned is done and don't work, then there may be  something very odd going on.
I suggest you contact Arturia technical support about this.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines