April 26, 2024, 02:29:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sequencer bug  (Read 4800 times)

siseturist

• Soundcloud
Sequencer bug
« on: July 08, 2016, 01:43:39 pm »
If I record a sequence and play it on any channel and then set up keyboard play mode on some other channel it works only if sequencer is running, but if I stop the sequence, then keyboard play on other channel doesn't work anymore. I sync in for running the sequence and when I pause the external sequencer then it all happens.

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Sequencer bug
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 04:17:39 pm »
Hi siseturist,

I'm unable to reproduce your issue here. Could you please describe more how you have this problem ?
.......testing.......

siseturist

• Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 05:27:08 pm »
Keystep is synced via 3.5mm trs cable, sync in is coming from Beatstep Pro - Keystep sync is set to Gate in.
I have recorded a sequence on Keystep on channel 1 and let it play while Beatstep Pro is running clock to Keystep.
Then I use Keystep Kbp Play mode simultaneously on channel 4. It works as long as Beatstep Pro is running. As soon as I stop or pause Beatstep Pro, then manual keyboard playing only works on channel 1 - though I'd like to continue playing on channel 4.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 07:06:02 pm by siseturist »

O-li Arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2016, 05:32:50 pm »
I get what you say and indeed it's a bit confusing:
    - Shift+Key selects the global MIDI channel, for both the keyboard (in stop mode) and the sequencer/arpeggiator
    - Shift+KbdPlay+Key selects the MIDI channel ONLY for the feature "KbdPlay", which is enabled ONLY in sequencer+play mode

Actually this is not a bug, but your remark should be considered for the next updates :)

siseturist

• Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2016, 05:41:55 pm »
But there's also something weird going on which is a bit hard to describe.

If I play in KbMode while pressing stop on external sequencer, then it will not end the note I was holding down while pressing stop and if I release it after stopping the external sequencer, then it will keep playing it. With synths that have panic button it's fine but there are also those that need power cable to be detatched.

O-li Arturia

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 06:16:10 pm »
I've tried what you said, it's indeed a bug: in those specific conditions, the note off for your key isn't sent on the right MIDI channel.

I'm looging it for the next update, thanks for your return.

Note that Keystep has a panic mode: press the Stop button 3 times fast.

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 09:15:32 am »
Hi all,

You're right the note off isn't sent on the right midi channel. We are going to fix that soon.
The Kbd play channel is  back on seq channel after a stop. This is by design but we are going to discuss this here.
Both solutions are interesting.
Thank for your feedbacks.
.......testing.......

rsaintjohn

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 11:05:54 pm »
Just wanted to add that I'm another user that would appreciate the change or option for the Keyboard Play channel to stay active when the sequence stops. That would be a great performance tool.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines