March 28, 2024, 01:19:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: [Solved] Bug? Arp not progressing via gate  (Read 2539 times)

basicbasic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
[Solved] Bug? Arp not progressing via gate
« on: July 08, 2016, 09:13:37 am »
One my favourite ways to use a step sequencer or arp is to trigger it via a gate pattern (rather than a clock). I can get the sequencer on the Keystep to do this however the Arp only seems to play the first note rather than progress through the 'sequence' of notes. I noticed that if I toggle the '1 step (gate)' setting in MCC then it sometimes works as I expect it to but not consistently which makes me think it might be a bug of sorts.

I'm not sure what the intended behaviour was but it would be great if this could be updated in a future firmware update so that the Arp responds to Gate steps correctly (as per the arp on Juno 6's etc).

Otherwise, i'm loving it!

Jamie
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 03:54:46 pm by ben arturia »

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Bug? Arp not progressing via gate
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 11:13:37 am »
Hi Basicbasic,

We are currently working exactly on this issue. We will provide a Firmware update ASAP.

Thanks for your time on this !
Best
.......testing.......

basicbasic

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 02:34:00 am »
Thanks for the reply Ben - and thanks for a great product!

leverkusen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 09:40:41 pm »
One my favourite ways to use a step sequencer or arp is to trigger it via a gate pattern (rather than a clock). I can get the sequencer on the Keystep to do this however the Arp only seems to play the first note rather than progress through the 'sequence' of notes. I noticed that if I toggle the '1 step (gate)' setting in MCC then it sometimes works as I expect it to but not consistently which makes me think it might be a bug of sorts.

I'm not sure what the intended behaviour was but it would be great if this could be updated in a future firmware update so that the Arp responds to Gate steps correctly (as per the arp on Juno 6's etc).

Otherwise, i'm loving it!

Jamie

The funny thing is mine does this from time to time with the single gate in and it's great. And then, suddenly, when I changed to many notes of the Arp, it jumps to repeating just one note until I switch it to single pulse/clock and back. Even switching it completely off does not help.

:o

leverkusen

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 02:30:58 pm »
Thanks for fixing this with the new firmware!

:)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines