March 28, 2024, 08:24:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sound map missing  (Read 1903 times)

cmackg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Sound map missing
« on: July 06, 2016, 04:35:06 pm »
I was happy to get the new expaded UI and new instruments, but the new preset browser dropped the sound map -- I've used that all the time to chase down a baisc preset that I could build off of. Random results are much harder to get now -- did anyone else use the sound map?

LBH

Re: Sound map missing
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 09:33:27 pm »
Perhaps this thread can give you an idea:
http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87506.0

jackn2mpu

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 01:43:11 am »
I was happy to get the new expaded UI and new instruments, but the new preset browser dropped the sound map -- I've used that all the time to chase down a baisc preset that I could build off of. Random results are much harder to get now -- did anyone else use the sound map?
Yes and Arturia dropped it by design with no hope of getting it back.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 12:16:06 am »
Yeah. Real dick move on Arturia's part. VERY disappointed in that decision, and I seriously doubt they'll reverse it. (and if they do, they'll prolly charge us to get that feature back)
Removing features in a product upgrade is the most ridiculous thing a company could do. It stuns me, frankly.
They have their excuses, which they seem to think are perfectly adequate and reasonable.  :-\
This space left intentionally blank.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 02:08:41 am »
Yeah. Real dick move on Arturia's part. VERY disappointed in that decision, and I seriously doubt they'll reverse it. (and if they do, they'll prolly charge us to get that feature back)
Removing features in a product upgrade is the most ridiculous thing a company could do. It stuns me, frankly.
They have their excuses, which they seem to think are perfectly adequate and reasonable.  :-\
Yet more evidence that Arturia has turned a blind eye/ear to it's loyal customers. Damned shame too considering they do some awesome stuff (or used to until this last 'upgrade').
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 06:42:25 pm »
Yet more evidence that Arturia has turned a blind eye/ear to it's loyal customers. Damned shame too considering they do some awesome stuff (or used to until this last 'upgrade').
To be fair, they are focussing pretty heavy on their new Matrix Brute, and getting that ready for release. Plus the new KeyStep.
Still. They REALLY need to put some fricken resources into updating Spark. Seriously.  :-\
This space left intentionally blank.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines