April 19, 2024, 09:44:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sample Restrictions  (Read 1322 times)

beatfreakinbadger

Sample Restrictions
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:39:03 am »
Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody could tell me the limitations for using your own own samples when imported into a kit/creating your own kit?
I've just purchased a couple of quite specific sounding sample packs which I'm eager to create a kit from.
The parts I'm having trouble with are some short drum loops in the .Rex format, which spark tells me they have too many slices and a lot of my "one shot" .Wav files for kick drums for example, just wont load if I drag them onto a pad?
There doesn't seem to be any kind of logic as to what ones are usable and what aren't. i can only assume its down to file size / limitations...... ?

Any help would be appreciated  :D

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Sample Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 11:57:31 am »
Hi , if my memory is correct rex files can't be more than 36 splices . After this you may get an error . I was told by the team a few years ago that this would be increased. it may be twice as much now.  for me wav file load ok for me. when i drag to pad . if your instrunet is on rex you cannot load in the studio view the wav files .

hope this helps

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

beatfreakinbadger

Re: Sample Restrictions
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2016, 11:57:43 pm »
Hi terrym,

Thanks for the info.
36 slices sounds about right, I've had error messages at anything over 40 so far  :( Guess thy never did get round to upping the limit?
As for the .Wav files, Ive been trying to load them as you said, by dragging and dropping onto a pad. Some work, others dont? All from the same purchased sample packs, all work fine to use and edit in studio one 2 DAW....

Looking around on the forums here, it does seem as though the whole spark project has been put on hold somewhat? By that i mean activly releasing regular bug fixes etc.
Im guessing the focus is on the newer instrument releases.

Oh well,

cheers anyway  ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines