March 29, 2024, 04:23:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Sound level is very low - Guitar amp doesn't seem to be working  (Read 4169 times)

Karamba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
On many Sounds of the Stage-73 the Levels are very low. I can somehow fix this by boosting the volume knobs and turning on the compressor.
However, the use of the guitar amp has me wondering. As an example, on the preset "Stage Dark", if I turn on the guitar amp and boost all the levels to full blast the sound almost disappears.  ???
 Overall, the sound levels between presets have too much contrast and some are unusable which is a shame because many sound great.
If anybody has a fix to this I'm all ears.

LBH

Re: Sound level is very low - Guitar amp doesn't seem to be working
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 02:45:05 pm »
The model >= '74 is not working as a VST (I use Studio One). The output is low. Volume and bass boost knobs don't work.
That's a bug that has to be fixed to make that model work.
It work in standalone mode.

I can not verify your Amp Issue. But the above is serious.

Valentin Arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 11:15:46 am »
@ Karamba
I'm not able to reproduce your volume issue on the Stage Dark and all Volumes up. Is it happening in Standalone, in a Daw? What is your Os ?

@LBH
Using Studio One 3 on OSX 10.10, Stage 74 model is working, Bass Boost too and output volume is normal and not different than 73 model. Which are your versions of Studio One 3 and OS ?

Karamba

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 11:29:20 am »
@ Karamba
I'm not able to reproduce your volume issue on the Stage Dark and all Volumes up. Is it happening in Standalone, in a Daw? What is your Os ?

@LBH
Using Studio One 3 on OSX 10.10, Stage 74 model is working, Bass Boost too and output volume is normal and not different than 73 model. Which are your versions of Studio One 3 and OS ?

I use it as a VST in Ableton (Windows 8.1). I tried again and it is now fine, sorry for that ! I suspect I must have changed the values of the foot pedal volume by accident, if it happens again I will report again. I'm happy it's working now!  :D

LBH

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 02:18:31 pm »
Hi Valentin.

I use Windows 10 - 64 bit. Studio One 3.2.3 (It's the latest update) - 64 bit.

EDIT: Just tried again. Today it work. i am sure it did'nt work yesterday. I tried things out back and forward yesterday. So there seem to be a periodic fault. EDIT END.

EDIT 2: Periodic faults is the worst i know.
I was thinking if it's some kind of a variable initialising issue. I think there are init issues in VC5. Jsut a thought.
EDIT 2 END.

Best
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 02:56:31 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines