April 27, 2024, 05:06:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Collection 4 preset conversion not %100 successful  (Read 2286 times)

jeffbart

Collection 4 preset conversion not %100 successful
« on: June 29, 2016, 10:17:03 am »
Many of my patches done in Mini V2 converted to Mini v3 sound similar, but different around the filter emphasis setting.
It's a pity you didn't devise some offset or similar to make sure they really converted correctly. I'm sure you could have done something clever here to ensure they are converted as close as possible.

I can see the parameter is the same, but the effect of the same parameter in the new version is quite different between versions.
Most of them ended up with a lot more emphasis.

Plus, any modulation using wheel sounds different because of the bug with the filter modulation switch being overridden by the oscillator mod switch.

Cheers Jeff
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Collection 4 preset conversion not %100 successful
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 12:08:19 pm »
Hi Jeffbart,

as explained on the preset converter disclaimer " The mini V3 has a totally new filter design. The presets will sound different from the previous version".
I agree it should be improved. could you please post here 2 miniV2 presets, in order for me to compare these well after converting?
I did a little test on a template and tweaked some filter parameters, and it sounded slightly different after conversion. more emphasis as you say.

i compared the values, emphasis is the same but the cutoff was at "- 5  :20hz" in V2 , and in v3 tooltip shows "-5 : 40hz"

Concerning the filter mod switch issue, it has been reported, we'll work on it .

Best,

jeffbart

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 01:55:46 am »
Thanks for checking this.
I've exported some bass sounds - a few of them show up the increase in emphasis . or at least it sounds like that (though the settings indeed look exactly the same from v2 to v3)
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your attention!

cheers jeff
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:57:27 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 09:52:10 am »
HI Jeff, thanks for posting this bank, i'll keep you aware.
Best,

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines