April 25, 2024, 08:31:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Key Step Sync Recording  (Read 2641 times)

dangerdan

Key Step Sync Recording
« on: June 29, 2016, 07:22:20 am »
I have only had the keystep for a few days now, and feel like i have got a grasp on how it functions without a sync. But i am struggling to get it to function as i want with a sync in from the beatstep pro (set to one per clock on both devices). Most times i try to record a loop with a sync, the key step either loops a single bit of it or something seemingly unrelated to the timing i have. I understand that it quantizes to which ever time division is set, but it never seems to add ties in if i go over the time division time step, nor rests, do these still have to be added in manually? Furthermore if i just press record while the keystep is synced (and the beatstep is playing) it doesn't seem to record anything, only when i use the append option can i seem to get similar results. Does it still require the sequence to have a defined number of steps prior to recording? Is there any way of recording an unquantiszed loop sequence if the keystep runs on a sync?

Ideally i imagine the keystep quantising the pressing of the record button to the nearest beat of the synced tempo and recording a loop that lasts until a second record press ( also synced) while everything is placed relative to where i played it.

Thanks Ben     

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Key Step Sync Recording
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 10:34:36 am »
Hi Dangerdan,

Hum i'm not sure to understand clearly what is your problem here.
When you record on the KeyStep it's always quantized.
There's 2 record mode.
Normal = press record during playback (rec button is flashing) All the notes/chords you will play will replace existing steps.
Append = press shift + rec during playback. The notes/chords played will be appended to the sequence.

I hope this answer your question. If not please give me a more detailed example of your issue.
I'll do my best to help you.
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines