April 19, 2024, 02:40:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Anyone noticed any tuning glitch with 16 or 32 voices?  (Read 2442 times)

jeffbart

Anyone noticed any tuning glitch with 16 or 32 voices?
« on: June 28, 2016, 10:10:23 am »
While testing the V4-V5 patch conversions, I started to notice some odd tuning issue.
When in poly mode using many voices e.g. 16 , 32, I can hear some definite out of tune-ness.
I have used a template patch and turned off anything likely to affect pitch that I can find, and when setting it to use multiple voices and playing  2 sets of legato octaves I'm sure something's up with one or two of the voices. I can hear many cents of detuning, but only on a couple of the voices.

I attach the template based patch.
Can anyone see if there's some tuning parameter I missed that's responsible? It sounds very much like 'Voice Detune', yet that's at absolute 0.

V2 doesn't do this at all.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 10:34:47 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

Re: Anyone noticed any tuning glitch with 16 or 32 voices?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:12:44 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your reports.

After a quick look without having my controller by me i can tell something is wrong. Don't look like the visible settings.

I can tell that i sometime have exsperienced similar issues in V - Collection. I can't put my finger on it for the moment. But sometimes it looks like tuning goes bananas. If it's old presets or te application that's resposible i don't know. But something weird seems to happens sometimes. The applications need to be stable and to be trusted to be usable.

jeffbart

Re: Anyone noticed any tuning glitch with 16 or 32 voices?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 01:05:45 pm »
After further checking it appears to be cyclical i.e. it sounds like the same voices/slots/notes each time are not recalling the correct tuning setting. I am not aware which note priority system is used in the 2600 but I assume it uses what other Arturia apps call 'Rotate'.
cheers JB
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines