March 19, 2024, 06:40:55 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V4 to V5 Preset Converter Issue  (Read 2085 times)

craftycurate

V4 to V5 Preset Converter Issue
« on: June 28, 2016, 02:13:54 am »
This worked with reasonable success, though I ended up with some strange playlists with only one preset in. I've now removed all these.

I now have two issues:

1.Some of my old V4 presets are duplicated, and when I delete one of them, the both disappear. One of the presets in each of the duplicate pairs is a valid one, and the other one is not i.e. it does not bring up a preset when selected. It's as if there are two AL2 entries pointing to a single preset, so that deleting either of them removes the preset, but I can't remove the duplicate entry without removing the preset.

2. Some of my user presets are marked as factory presets and cannot be edited, even though they do not exist in the factory Bank.

3. Some of the old synths had "Pads" as the type, whereas AL2 has "Pad" so I ended up having to reassign all the Pads presets to be "Pad" presets.

Thankfully I only had about 40 presets but even then it took me a good half hour to sort it all out. Beware if you have loads of presets!

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
Re: V4 to V5 Preset Converter Issue
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 07:33:58 am »
Where did you find this preset converter?  :o

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it :D
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 07:36:53 am by artao »
This space left intentionally blank.

LBH

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 09:16:20 pm »
As the values in the application can variate between VC5 applications and older applications, both regarding the scale/ messurement terms/ values used, and as long there are many parameter bugs and bugs with saving/ deliting presets, then i exspect there will be problems using the preset converter.
Perhaps it would be best to repair the bugs first.

Also there are sound differences using the same setiings as in the older applications has to be taking in accout, if the converter shall do a excact conversion.

craftycurate

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 09:18:26 pm »
The patches I've tested sound at least very similar to their VC4 counterparts, though I haven't done a careful A/B est.

m1ke

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2016, 08:28:07 pm »
ARP2600 V2->V3 first impression of my own ones are OK.
MINI V2->V3 my own presets sound OK
MODULAR V2->V3 sound different. Sequencer settings aren't taken correctly, sounds are different. I think, I'll open a ticket.
PROPHET-V not compared yet.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines