March 28, 2024, 10:26:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arturia and the Roli Seaboard  (Read 3518 times)

Kevin R

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arturia and the Roli Seaboard
« on: June 26, 2016, 05:50:24 am »
I'm thinking of buying a Roli Seaboard and am curious about how it will behave with my Arturia soft synths. I've read that it doesn't use it's full capabilities with all 3rd party software. Does anyone know how it works with Arturia soft synths?

el.Fakir

Re: Arturia and the Roli Seaboard
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 10:34:16 pm »
Hi there, did you get any answer to your question from other sources?  I'm also curious to know, thinking also to purchase a Seaboard. Cheers!

Kevin R

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Arturia and the Roli Seaboard
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 08:43:53 pm »
I've had the Seaboard 49 since September. To tell you the truth I'm not overly impressed by it. It's odd to play. Not at all like keyboard or manual. The multi polyphony modulation midi is, I can see, useful in certain musical contexts. But global modulation midi is just fine for just about everything a person wants to do. It's nice to be able to warble notes on the seaboard. And as a ribbon controller for the CS80 nothing else comes close. The Seaboard has an X Y controller that is easy to set up for the Modular V Sound Controllers to modulate whatever you want there. That's pretty cool and nice to have. The Seaboard comes with it's own synth that uses all of it's capabilities. Esthetically speaking it's a beautiful looking piece of gear. But right now, to me, it's a novelty piece of gear. I'm glad I have it. But after the initial wow factor wore off I find I don't turn to it for playing. I think I'd rather have multi dimensional polyphonic midi in a traditional keyboard.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:45:46 pm by Kevin R »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines