March 29, 2024, 01:46:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Prophet VS Factory Bank?  (Read 5714 times)

Hamudi2000

Prophet VS Factory Bank?
« on: May 22, 2016, 02:56:01 pm »
Where has the VS Factory bank (I mean those of the original VS which were also included in Prophet V2) on  Prophet V3? And how can I just toggle between various VS Sounds without having P5 or hybrid sounds in between?
Are you guys for real? As it wasn´t bad enough that you cannot load your old V2 sounds banks... These are real show stoppers IMHO
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 02:58:43 pm by Hamudi2000 »

terryferminal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Prophet VS Factory Bank?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 12:09:55 pm »
I came here to post the same thing, this is a ridiculous oversight surely? A plug-in instrument that contains two keyboards and yet you can't browse them 'by keyboard'! Bring back the option to filter the P5 and VS sounds separately in the browser, like previous versions please!

T

jmcecil

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 04:17:31 pm »
yes please
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

artao

• Voxonitus Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 07:31:11 pm »
Yeah. That's a pretty bad one indeed.
ZERO factory presets for the Prophet VS. None whatsoever.  >:( WTF
and yeah, the inability to list ONLY presets for each specific instrument, Prophet 5, Prophet VS, and Hybrid. Pretty major screw-up there.
This space left intentionally blank.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 05:45:59 pm »
Hi , One way i have managed to separate the 3 instruments is to make playlists for each one and drag the preset to the playlist.

I will ask arturia if this can be in a future update.

Terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

jackn2mpu

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 07:22:04 pm »
Hi , One way i have managed to separate the 3 instruments is to make playlists for each one and drag the preset to the playlist.

I will ask arturia if this can be in a future update.

Terrym
Possible but it's along slog to do the deed. And there's one thing that Arturia doesn't tell anyone and that's that each playlist can only have 128 entries; after that you have to start a new playlist and for the plain-jane Prophet 5 that's at least two and possibly three playlists for that synth alone. I say possibly because I haven't finished making my playlists. I have more important things to do that are family oriented than to create workarounds for a developer's shortsightedness. After all - happy wife happy life  ;D
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

LBH

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2016, 08:52:17 pm »
Having only 128 entries in a playlist make sense when used with Program Change. That's fine.
It should be possible to filter presets by synths too without using playlists. Too messy else.
And the factory banks and patchbook presets should be included for all synths. In this case for Prophet VS too.

This thread is about browsing by model: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87610.0
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 08:56:18 pm by LBH »

jackn2mpu

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2016, 09:02:11 pm »
Having only 128 entries in a playlist make sense when used with Program Change. That's fine.
It should be possible to filter presets by synths too without using playlists. Too messy else.
And the factory banks and patchbook presets should be included for all synths. In this case for Prophet VS too.

This thread is about browsing by model: http://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=87610.0
Agreed it should be possible without resorting to playlists but unfortunately Arturia screwed the pooch with this 'update/upgrade'.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

LBH

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2016, 10:06:29 pm »
The presets for each of the 3 models can have a bank of it's own.
But if so the banks should be in the application made by Arturia. Just like we could have Factory 5 and VS preset banks.

A thing to think about thou, is that all banks show up in Analog Lab 2. So many banks with different bank names in the individual synths can quickly require much space in Analog Lab 2 and make it messy. Perhaps that's not so good.
In that regard it would be nice, if you actually could select presets in the individual synths in Analog Lab 2 too and use the individual synths browsers when in edit. That don't seem to be possible, but it should be.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2016, 12:33:50 pm »
The presets for each of the 3 models can have a bank of it's own.
But if so the banks should be in the application made by Arturia. Just like we could have Factory 5 and VS preset banks.

A thing to think about thou, is that all banks show up in Analog Lab 2. So many banks with different bank names in the individual synths can quickly require much space in Analog Lab 2 and make it messy. Perhaps that's not so good.
In that regard it would be nice, if you actually could select presets in the individual synths in Analog Lab 2 too and use the individual synths browsers when in edit. That don't seem to be possible, but it should be.
It shouldn't be that difficult for Arturia to add the ability to call up the playlists made in the standalone Prophet; as it stands right now you can't. And having spent all that time creating playlists in the standalone sucks when I can't sue them in AL2.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

passat88

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • the 88 is the year where the car was built
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 08:30:18 pm »
If the factory VS Bank is still needed,for someone. Here is the attached file.
Sorry, Bank 9 does not exist anymore, as a bank. I started to rename the Banks because a bank is not a type.  ::)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines