April 19, 2024, 12:02:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tap Tempo Arpeggiator Drift  (Read 2308 times)

tattoomoney

Tap Tempo Arpeggiator Drift
« on: June 23, 2016, 08:02:14 pm »
I've had the Keystep for a couple of weeks now, and one of the main features that sold me on it was the built in arpeggiator. I have noticed that when using it with the tap tempo the tempo drifts out of time Alot! it almost seems as though if you don't hit the keys at the EXAct Exact moment the whole arppegiation in thrown off. ive tried everything for buy a more expensive midi cable, ive used it as a controller for my moog slim phatty and for software synths. any corrections in future up dates?

ben arturia

• Administrator
Re: Tap Tempo Arpeggiator Drift
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 10:05:36 am »
Hi tattoomoney,

I'm not sure to understand your issue...

When you use tap tempo the tempo will change with the tempo tapped on TAP button.
In the MidiControlCenter there's 3 different settings for the tap tempo function, please have a look on that settings.

In order to reproduce your issue could provide a detailed desciption of the steps to reproduce your bug please.
Thanks a lot
.......testing.......

tattoomoney

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 06:01:33 am »
I've went thru the settings in the midi control center as well. the issue I am having is the tempo that i tap in with the "tap tempo button" does not stay if i happen to press the keys even slightly out of time of the flashing light

ben arturia

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 10:03:29 am »
ah ok, you're talking about the Tap tempo led flashing. You're right there's a small bug :
- in arp mode
- after a tap tempo
=> Tap tempo led flashing is not accurate when user play on keyboard.

Thanks for your time.
I'll list your bug here.
.......testing.......

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines