April 20, 2024, 01:08:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Preset changes in Studio One?  (Read 6261 times)

sepulchre

Preset changes in Studio One?
« on: February 19, 2016, 08:33:38 am »
First off, whoa! Nobody here for a long time, so probably not going to get an answer about this. Another thing - nobody using Studio One? I've been looking around and haven't seen any.

Anyway, I just got the package deal and I'm trying to figure out how to change presets in a song through midi; not with a controller but in a midi song. I get that I'll probably need all the presets I want to use in one bank, no prob - not using but a few. But I don't want to have to have a separate Prophet loaded for every preset.

Anybody know anything about this? Even if it's not in Studio One?

LBH

Re: Preset changes in Studio One?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 07:01:57 pm »
I use Studio One.

It should work to use Program Change to change preset like that.
But i can only get it to work on one Program Change preset shift. It looks like it turns off automation when it has changed a current status. You can see it by setting up a automation track in Studio One.
If you stop and start Studio One it shift to the latest Program Change value even if it did'nt change when it passed the change.
As it happens for other synths too, then i guess it's a Studio One bug. Studio one's own synths don't have a Program Change feature at all. Perhaps that has something to do with it. I have had this feature working on a test i did another time i believe. Don't know what has happend. It can also be, that the feature will o longer be supported by plug.in manufactures. Perhaps Arturia can tell?

You can use Program Change changing presets from your keyboard. But that is not what you are looking for.

If you get it working, then please report to the forum, even if it's pretty dead.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 07:04:36 pm by LBH »

LBH

Re: Preset changes in Studio One?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 09:30:47 pm »
Program change  is working fully  again in Studio One 3.2 it looks like.
So it must have been a bug in the last version of Studio One.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines