September 15, 2019, 03:52:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Feedback loop using preset in latest version (2.4.1.2810)  (Read 41 times)

Despondo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • pixel pusher by day...sound mangler by night...
    • X E N O P I X E L
Feedback loop using preset in latest version (2.4.1.2810)
« on: September 12, 2019, 06:12:37 pm »
Does anyone else have the free library set called 'Iconic Vibrations'? If so, can you verify the following issue?

I wrote a song using a patch for the Matrix-12 V2 plugin called 'Black Air' that was included in the free 'Iconic Vibrations' library. It plays fine in an older version of the plugin (Version 2.2.0.1183), but produces a feedback loop in the latest version of the plugin (version 2.4.1.2810).

I submitted this to support, but wanted to see if others are having the same issue with this patch.

WARNING!!! IT WILL PRODUCE A DAMAGING FEEDBACK LOOP, SO HAVE YOURSELF READY TO TERMINATE THE PLUGIN, OR TURN DOWN YOUR VOLUME!!!!!

LBH

Re: Feedback loop using preset in latest version (2.4.1.2810)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 07:14:41 pm »
It's the DELAY that self oscillate because of the settings for FEEDBACK and/ or the DAMPING.

I think perhaps something has changed, so this happens with lower FEEDBACK and higher DAMPING settings for the DELAY as it have done before. Perhaps there is a reason for this, but i don't know.

If you in the preset you mention lower the DELAYs highest set FEEDBACK setting or the DAMPING setting or both, then the continous self oscillation can be tamed.

Despondo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • pixel pusher by day...sound mangler by night...
    • X E N O P I X E L
Re: Feedback loop using preset in latest version (2.4.1.2810)
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 09:12:23 pm »
I see. I will give this a try tonight. Thanks.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines