March 29, 2024, 03:10:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Drum rotor no longer working in latest update  (Read 5625 times)

martinl

Drum rotor no longer working in latest update
« on: June 21, 2016, 01:06:39 pm »
I just updated the B-3V to 1.0.2.98, and noticed that the drum rotor of the Leslie cabinet does not seem to work.
I assume that the balance on the Leslie is between the horns and the drum. If I turn it all the way to the drum, the Leslie does not have any effect (apart from the duller sound, due to the frequency splitter).

Also, when I turn it to the middle, and give extreme settings for the acceleration (fastest for horns, slowest for drum) I cannot hear any of the typical slowing down effects.

Seems like the drum just does not rotate in this last build. Can you, please, check that?

Thanks,
Martin

I should add: I am on Win7 (64bit) and tried the 32bit VST in Reaper32, as well as the standalone.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 01:10:53 pm by martinl »

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
Re: Drum rotor no longer working in latest update
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 02:19:39 pm »
Hi martinl,
just verified this one. I can confirm something is wrong concerning the drum rotor.
sorry for the inconvenience, will be fixed soon, and i'll keep you aware.
Best,

LBH

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 02:40:31 pm »
Hi martinl,
just verified this one. I can confirm something is wrong concerning the drum rotor.
Best,

After a short test i found this vital leslie issue has not been fixed in todays update version 1.0.4.1042.
That's bad. Need to be fixed right away. Allready 3 months has past since the verification and promise that it would be fixed soon. No need to download the current version either.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:21:36 pm »
Hi martinl,
Best,

After a short test i found this vital leslie issue has not been fixed in todays update version 1.0.4.1042.
That's bad. Need to be fixed right away. Allready 3 months has past since the verification and promise that it would be fixed soon. No need to download the current version either.
Agreed. This update is sour for many reasons. Don't know what the hell Arturia was thinking.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Germain.arturia

• Administrator
  • arturia test team
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 05:01:58 pm »
Hi all,
please accept our apologies for this one.
We'll do our best to fix it. Can't say nothing more for now.
Thanks for understanding,

Sorry again.

Best,

LBH

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 12:37:39 am »
Hi Germain.

Thanks for your reply.

I wan't to be positive. But it's time you show there is a reason to be positive. It's time for you to be responsible for the money you have taken.
I wan't what i pay for to work fully and correct in all ways when i buy it. And absolutely not perhaps sometime in the far future with the risk it never happens. Time to deliever. Some of us have even paid more than once - and still the product dont work. And in many ways things have even been downgraded instead of upgraded in VC5.

It looks like VC-5 was released way to soon. Too many applications has major bugs that make them useless in so many situations, and therefor no good to work with as you too often run into something that's wrong, and then music become too much technical problems. That ruin the workflow, the state of mind and the feelings. And one even feel robbed. Don't like that, especially because i wan't Arturias products to perform well, so i can use them.

You need to step up very fast. Actually very long time ago you should have done that. We have done our understanding and so forth. Time you do yours.

What have we paid for - some of us more than once? I ask because it's not what you advertise we have got. I wish it was. Arturia's product could be so good. I so much like that they - when they work - have different, softer and warmer sound than other softsynths have. But they have to work to be useful.

Regards

jackn2mpu

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 03:10:59 am »
Hi Germain.

Thanks for your reply.

I wan't to be positive. But it's time you show there is a reason to be positive. It's time for you to be responsible for the money you have taken.
I wan't what i pay for to work fully and correct in all ways when i buy it. And absolutely not perhaps sometime in the far future with the risk it never happens. Time to deliver. Some of us have even paid more than once - and still the product don't work. And in many ways things have even been downgraded instead of upgraded in VC5.

It looks like VC-5 was released way to soon. Too many applications has major bugs that make them useless in so many situations, and therefor no good to work with as you too often run into something that's wrong, and then music become too much technical problems. That ruin the workflow, the state of mind and the feelings. And one even feel robbed. Don't like that, especially because i wan't Arturias products to perform well, so i can use them.

You need to step up very fast. Actually very long time ago you should have done that. We have done our understanding and so forth. Time you do yours.

What have we paid for - some of us more than once? I ask because it's not what you advertise we have got. I wish it was. Arturia's product could be so good. I so much like that they - when they work - have different, softer and warmer sound than other softsynths have. But they have to work to be useful.

Regards
Amen to all you wrote. VC5 is an embarassment of a release. Hate being an unpaid/undeclared beta tester for a company that should know better by now. Synthmaster has become my go-to synth of choice. UVI Falcon is starting to look better as each day goes by.

What is it with developers that don't seem to give a damn about their customers? I mean - look at the latest update to NI Kontakt 5 - it's almost as bad as V Collection 5 but at least it's playable; horrid to look at but playable. Part of this is poor gui design.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

LBH

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 02:26:06 pm »
Drum Rotor seems to be fixed in version 1.0.5.1146.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 11:21:33 pm »
Drum Rotor seems to be fixed in version 1.0.5.1146.
Is this a recent update?
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

LBH

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 12:23:46 am »
Is this a recent update?

About a day old now.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 02:54:23 am »
Is this a recent update?

About a day old now.
Thanks - my daw doesn't live on the net so until reading it here I never knew about it.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

jackn2mpu

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2016, 01:42:02 am »
Just got the update and while the bass drum rotor is now working they still don't have the bass pedalboard. How in hell can you have a B3 with no bass pedalboard?
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines