April 20, 2024, 12:33:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Factory patch 'Clavi' LFO mod speeds up - how is that done?  (Read 2678 times)

jeffbart

hi
on factory patch 'Clavi' by Katsunori Ujiie.

What is it that makes the rate of the 'vibrato' using the mod wheel (sub osc i think) speed up after the key is hit?

With wheel full up, you hit a key, and the LFO gets faster. Where is that controlled?

Thanks Jeff
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 07:51:42 am by jeffbart »
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

Re: Factory patch 'Clavi' LFO mod speeds up - how is that done?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 06:07:30 pm »
In the playmode section "Touch Response" - ("Sub Osc After(touch)").  It's the second section left of the main volume control. The parameter named "Speed". The playing controls pitchbend and aftertouch can be implied and add to the effect.
In the case of the preset "Clavi" it respond to both the pitchbend and to the aftertouch. If you use both you speed the LFO up even more than only using one off them.
The whole section is related to the "Touch Response" sections right of the VCA's, and to the "Sub Oscilator" left of the VCO range/ "Feet" sliders.

The playing controls is a vital part of especially CS80. Especially aftertouch is very important. That's why it's very important Arturia fix the aftertouch quickly. It don't work as it should. I have reported and explained this elsewhere in the forums.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:21:29 pm by LBH »

jeffbart

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 06:41:08 am »
Thanks. so there's mod wheel + aftertouch affecting LFO rate, right?

Strangely, I'm not using a keyboard that sends aftertouch. i.e. I don't know why the aftertouch settings are influencing the sound if I'm not sending aftertouch values.

But thanks LBH!

cheers Jeff
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

LBH

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 12:29:10 pm »
Thanks. so there's mod wheel + aftertouch affecting LFO rate, right?
Yes.  Both can affect.

Strangely, I'm not using a keyboard that sends aftertouch. i.e. I don't know why the aftertouch settings are influencing the sound if I'm not sending aftertouch values.
In your case it's only Pichbend that affect, just like you describe, because you don't have aftertouch. But if you had aftertouch that would affect too in the way i describe.
Nothing strange.

Cheers

« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:31:39 pm by LBH »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines