March 29, 2024, 04:31:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: V4 User Presets in V5.  (Read 6664 times)

jackn2mpu

Re: V4 User Presets in V5.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 01:03:40 pm »

They re-sent me the Spark installation download.
I would immediately save that download to someplace safe so if this happens again you're not left out in the cold. I save every download off to at least 2 and sometimes 3 places depending on the size. Hard drives are cheap nowadays.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 04:22:04 pm »

I would immediately save that download to someplace safe so if this happens again you're not left out in the cold. I save every download off to at least 2 and sometimes 3 places depending on the size. Hard drives are cheap nowadays.

I have folders in my email for various categories, Music/Tech being one of them, Pro Tools being another.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

jackn2mpu

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2016, 09:04:11 pm »

I have folders in my email for various categories, Music/Tech being one of them, Pro Tools being another.
I'm not talking about saving the email but the program download itself to a separate place. That way you needn't mess with your email client when you need to reinstall something.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

jackn2mpu

musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2016, 10:32:32 pm »

I'm not talking about saving the email but the program download itself to a separate place. That way you needn't mess with your email client when you need to reinstall something.

I have Hotmail, so I can access it anywhere, plus, I carry most of my essentials on a flash drive on my keychain.
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

jackn2mpu

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 11:04:29 pm »

I have Hotmail, so I can access it anywhere, plus, I carry most of my essentials on a flash drive on my keychain.
You are missing the point I'm trying to get across. Saving the email is not saving something for the proverbial rainy day. Why not just save the actual download off to someplace safe? That way you don't have to worry about internet access.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2016, 11:22:35 pm »

You are missing the point I'm trying to get across. Saving the email is not saving something for the proverbial rainy day. Why not just save the actual download off to someplace safe? That way you don't have to worry about internet access.

I got'cha, hence, the flash drive.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2016, 12:55:11 am »

I got'cha, hence, the flash drive.
Still not quite there as I believe in having decent long-term storage and a flash drive ain't it. They're fine for pictures from your DSLR or sneaker-netting from one computer to another but long term storage? Not so much. But hey - if that floats your boat - you deal with it. Me I have my downloads saved off to at least two and sometimes three places - 2 independent hard drives and double layer dvd's. Might sound anal but I've had the odd happening where I was glad I had that kind of redundant backup. You never know where one backup will fail for whatever reason. One thing I learned from aerospace safety - never have a single point of failure.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2016, 02:44:20 am »
I have all of the other installation files for the V collection 5 on a separate hard drive, but I'm not as concerned about it so much with Spark, as I use it very little.  Still getting familiar with it.  It's one of those that if I lost it, it wouldn't stop my workflow.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines